We chose this for a wedding anniversary weekend. Never having picked up a golf club before we didn't have great expectations but by the end of the day I was mostly hitting the balls between 50 and 100 yards in a reasonably straight line, hubby nearly 200 yards but not always straight. For only £85pp my husband and I got half board in the hotel plus a day's tuition on the driving range and practice holes, including a sandwich with chips lunch in the golf club bar and ending with playing a couple of holes on the real golf course. The golf pro Rob was patient, cheerful and really got the principles over, as the course is limited to a maximum of eight (only 5 on our day) you get a lot of personal attention. We ended the day golf enthusiasts and will definitely take up the game, so the course did what it said on the tin. Apart from the grounds and golf club area the hotel is a bit lacking in atmosphere and the buildings are 'any modern hotel' in style but it is well run. The room wasn't large but was comfortable, and the over the bed ceiling fan was a nice touch. The ensuite bathroom included both a separate shower and a huge full length bath though the lighting was deliberately dim, modern relaxing fashion, but too dark to apply makeup. The buffet breakfast included a huge selection of English and continental, pity the tomatoes were tinned rather than fresh but I suppose many people prefer the sloppy tinned variety. The prix fixe menu had a good choice of meat, fish and vegetarian options, not exceptional cooking but good quality and good value and we enjoyed it. We were too tired to enjoy the swimming pool and spa leisure centre but it all looked super. Friendly and efficient staff, service was prompt in spite of the place being packed with golfers staying there for their annual club weekend away/ tournament events. Would certainly recommend this as a place to learn or enjoy golf or for an enjoy the spa and leisure centre treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A leading 4 star independent hotel, set in 175-acres of beautiful Worcestershire countryside. Boasts 100 stylish en-suite bedrooms featuring free WiFi access, H2K toiletries and hospitality tray. Relax in the superb leisure club with heated pool before pampering yourself with a beauty treatment or Play a round on the Abbey championship golf course. Situated in a beautiful rural location yet minutes from the motorway, The Abbey Hotel provides an ideal UK meeting point. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Abbey Hotel Country
- Redditch Best Western
- Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa Redditch, England