“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Redditch B&B and Inns
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Lovely homely feel. Owners went out of their way to help us and make sure our stay was comfortable. One of the best breakfasts I've had whilst away. Would highly recommend this B&B and is great value for money

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just stayed at the weekend visiting Worcester xmas market, we enjoyed every minuite, comfortable, friendly, lovely breakfast. Jill and Dave advised us where to eat in the evening, local pub it was a lovely meal. Hope to be back. Thank you Jill and Dave.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed with Jill and Dave for over 2 months whilst working away from home. Can honestly say that I've never felt more welcome than at Vine Cottage. You're made to feel one of the family and I have made two good friends. Breakfast perfect and served with a smile and humour, rooms cosy and spotless. Dave always good for an anecdote and both he and Jill have a laid back but efficient air which makes it effortless to relax here. Why anyone would want to stay at a soulless hotel when gems such as Vine Cottage exist is beyond me - if I could rate 6 out of 5 I would!

Ian

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I arrived at Vine Cottage late on a November evening, after a miserable drive, much of it through fog, from Heathrow. Even before the journey started, I was in a thoroughly bad mood: at the car rental office the employee who dealt with the paperwork (and this for a car that was already booked and paid for), was like character from The Goon Show acting out a script for Monty Python - I thought I would never get away. It is a tribute to David and Jill that my memories of that evening are overwhelmingly happy ones. A quiet welcome was calming and wholehearted. Had I eaten? I had not, and the local eating places were closing. Within minutes, I was enjoying a pile of well-filled sandwiches, and life began to look rosy. The conversation was good: Vine Cottage is old (but emphatically not twee), full of character, and it has a history. Redditch, too, has its story: ask about the premises at the back, where the workers had short but well-paid lives in the town's heyday as the country's needle capital. And fishing tackle, too ... The conversation moved a little way down the road, to The Oddfellows, a traditional and unpretentious pub, that is worth knowing. In all, it was a splendid evening.

My room was comfortable, well appointed, and spotlessly clean, with a good firm bed. The private bathroom (newly fitted) is across the landing: no wretched little en suite cupboard intruding into the bedroom. The street is quiet, and I slept well. Breakfast (traditional English) is first-rate. I would make a long detour to stay at Vine Cottage again, and my one regret about writing this appreciation is that it may cause the place to be fully booked when next I want to stay.

MB
Krakstad
Norway

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Burley in Wharfedale, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

B&B my wife and I have stayed in for many a long.

Jill and Dave Sealey are a wonderfully friendly couple and made our short 2 night stay such a joyful experience.

The rooms are comfortable and spotless and the breakfast outstanding, including a say in how the breakfast egg should be fried.

Little touches such as bedroom lights switched on to welcome you on return at night, curtains drawn and water in the room all help to move Vine Cottage up another notch.

All in all a little gem of a B & B not to be missed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

In Redditch recently on bussiness and stayed at Vine Cottage for nearly 2 weeks.
Jill and Dave made me feel very welcome at all times. The breakfast was great and I took the option of the evening meal ( which was much needed after a 12 hour day ). Well what can I say Jill, I have eaten in many hotels / restaurants / pubs on my travels and this was near the top of my list !!!
All food was cooked fresh and tasted great.
The room / ensuite was very comfortable and clean . A good nights sleep was had during my stay.
Had some great conversations with Dave about likewise interests. Jill made you feel as though you were an old friend staying for a break. Will be back when working in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Duivendrecht, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Although I would like to keep this treasure to myself, it would not be fair to the owners. They deserve to get as much visitors as possible. What a lovely place. I have stayed in Redditch for business reasons many times, but finally found my place for any next visit to this area.
Positive: Rural feel, great breakfast (freshly cooked), friendly service, great typical british atmosphere, very nice owners, decorated with an eye for detail.
Negative: hmmmm, well, I am about 6 ft 4 tall, and had to mind my head... but what do you expect from an old cottage :) .

Room Tip: I believe some rooms have ensuite, where as others don't. You may want to enquire when booking.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Vine Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!