“Friday curry night at the Gainsborough” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bewdley Hill, Kidderminster DY11 6BS, England   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kidderminster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Worcestershire
“Friday curry night at the Gainsborough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My partner and I visited the Gainsborough house hotel a couple of weeks ago on a Friday as they have an Indian buffet night on a Friday night. The selection of curries was varied and were of excellent quality and taste, much better than the Indian takeaways I've eaten recently. we will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose the Westmidland Safari Park / cadburys world package. We found the package which was for 2 children and 2 adults, which included park entry, hotel stay with breakfast and entrance to Cadbury world, very reasonably priced. The hotel staff booked the tickets around times which to where to our specification.

The room was very clean, and the set up of the sofa bed which was fully prepared upon our arrival was perfect for the 4 of us.

The hotel staff that greeted us both in reception and in the restaurant were extremely polite and chatty, interacting with the children and making their experience all the more pleasant.

We heartily recommend the hotel and on using our returning free pass to the safari park, will no doubt be booking in again.

• Stayed July 2013
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

hi I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed my breakfast when I visited your hotel on sunday morning. although you were busy your staff still found a few tables for us. and where very helpful. the cooked breakfast was exelent, id like to know where you get that sausage from. and the service was outstanding. I will be visiting again. thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bovenkarspel, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were given a very warm welcome on arrival at the hotel, reception was clean and tidy and we were helped promplty and very efficiantlly by a lady who always seemed to be on duty when we passed through reception on a regular basis. we went to our room and found it to be spotlessly clean and a very comfortable looking room, the bathroom was cleaning and the taps were sparkling showing that the rooms had been cleaned by someone who takes pride in their work, though out the duration of our stay we never saw anyone cleaning but there so obviously had been someone there, the breakfast was excellent and the evening meals were very good and well priced, on Friday evening is curry evening and having Indian owners it was an authentic curry and not something calling it's self a curry and pulling up very short of it, the Bar and Restaurant were beautifully kept and clean if I had one grumble about the place is that we weren't told that the evenings we were booked in for Thursday evening nothing but peace and quiet, Friday evening they had a 50th Birthday Party that was actually allowed to go on until 2am not allowing us much sleep, on the Saturday evening they had had a wedding during the day beautiful place to get married and to have your wedding reception just not when I'm staying there please, everytime someone wanted to smoke we could hear them outside laughing and shouting at each other, but we wish the bride and groom well and on the same night was a 40th Birthday Party so to say the nights were a little noisey until around 01:30 but apart from that it was excellent and would highly recommend it but maybe during the week stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We are a mature couple who stayed at the Hotel for 2 nights 5thand6th.July.
The greeting was pleasant and efficient and the room quiet and very well furnished. However, the air conditioning did not work and was not repaired after reporting.
The dual Indian/Traditional dining was a pleasant surprise and the food delicious.
On the Saturday a very noisy event was held in the separate Function Room. The noise being
emitted from the event rendered the Lounge Bar unusable.
The more expensive weekend rate (not Friday) was not highlighted when booking in on the
Friday.
Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Desborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a lovely hotel-spotlessly clean with friendly staff. Breakfast is excellent value for money. Only downsides-the hairdryer had make up on it and although you can walk into Kidderminster it's along a busy road so not a pleasant walk. It would be better to get a taxi into Bewdley which is 2 miles away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Flint, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just returned from midweek 1 night stay at this immaculate, pleasant hotel.
The Hotel is situated between Kidderminter town ( 10min walk ) & West Midlands Safari Park (5-10min walk) which was the reason for our stay, highly recommended.

We also visited Bridgenorth (approx 12 miles away) with its' "Hightown" & "Lowtown" connected by its old Funicular railway.It has a river running through it & its streets & parks are covered with flowers & hanging baskets.

Our party was made up of My Mum, My Wife,3 daughters (aged 11,7,& 5),& Myself.
My Mum booked a twin room to share with my eldest daughter, & I upgraded to a family room.
The rooms were very similar; en-suite bathroom ( bath & over shower ) including toiletries.The room had a dressing table. small table, chairs, open wardrobe,bedside cabinets etc.
Tea / coffee making facilities, Air-con, Freeview flatscreen T.V., WIFI, iron + ironing board.( there is a laundry service at a cost, if needs be also)
As I upgraded to a family room ( £20 extra) there was a sofa bed added.
The pictures of the rooms I have added are of my Mum's twin bedroom.Ours looked identical apart from we had a King size bed & the sofabed.
The staff were very friendly & helpful. On arrival there was some confusion over my upgrade, but it was sorted swifty.
There are no lifts at this 3 storey hotel ( I did note it had chair lifts though ), but we were offered help with our bags.
My youngest daughter was ill during the only night we stayed due to a tummy bug picked up at school, & when I explained this to the Maids the next morning, they were very understanding, & even visited my wife to enquire how our little babe was.

There is a lovely modern bar & restaurant in the hotel, the restaurant I believe has had good reviews, but cannot comment as we ate out.
I wish we had eaten in though as the breakfast the next morning was fantastic.
The restaurant was immaculate, & the waitresses were friendly & very attentive.
The breakfast was buffet style, cereal,cooked English & continental.All of which were of great quality.

I would have given the Hotel 5 /5 , but felt its outside space let it down slighty. There is a garden area with picnic benches covered with trees, but it was a little disappointing.
The views from our room weren't too good either ( houses & rear gardens),but that can't be helped.

A fantastic, immaculate , friendly hotel with lovely staff.
A lovely 1 night stay, & I'm sure we'll return.

Room Tip: May need a low room if you have pram / wheelchair. Visit to Safari Park is a must.