“not 'probably my favourite' BUT definitely 'my favourite'!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Kidderminster, England, United Kingdom
“not 'probably my favourite' BUT definitely 'my favourite'!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have to admit I don't/won't eat anywhere else in Kidderminster. Today my hubby and I definitely enjoyed the most delicious of all the Sunday lunches we've ever had at the Station. I had asked for a veggie option previously and today the chef came up with the most gorgeous of dishes I've ever tasted, anywhere....baked spinach,pea and ricotta cannelloni....wow,it was superb! He had the roast topside of beef,usual range of top quality veg. etc followed by banana and Baily's bread and butter pudding with clotted cream icecream and I had jam rolypoly pudding with custard. I still can't believe this extraordinary pub does all this for £10 per person! Their new range of sensibly priced above average wines keeps me and many others happy and content especially as it obviates the need to spend hours in the kitchen!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“At last, brilliant pub and excellent pub grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This pub really has turned around in the last 6-8 months and is now a really pleasant place to drink. The food being introduced has attracted so many new faces and that's due to the variety, value for money and excellent fresh home cooking. A great place to stop for a quick bite or even more formal occasions for Sunday lunch which are constantly booked up well in advance. definitely recommend this place, best pub in town by far.

Visited June 2013
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Was really quite pleasantly surprised called for lunch and sat in the garden. The food was obviously freshly cooked not cordon bleu but excellent pub food and definitely value for money including the drinks. We both had chicken and bacon salad served with a balsamic glaze and a baked potato, I have had chicken and bacon salad many times and this was one of the best plenty of chicken and bacon and great value at 2 for £10. Staff were really friendly and for pub food I could not fault it. I would not go there for a special occasion but for lunch time or a cheap evening meal I would definitely recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
“Brilliant value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to pop in after reading the trip advisor reviews as we are sick of rubbish meals around Kiddy and were not disappointed! We went on a Friday afternoon around 3 so it was quiet but the staff were so attentive and the barman made me a huge hot choccy complete with marshmellows. Hubby had a pint of bitter, not sure which brand but he said it was a great pint! We both decided on a steak baguette with mushrooms and onions at no extra charge which came with a bowl of chips each and a lovely fresh salad. Not like some of these naff salads you get. It was FRESH!! The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. We then decided to try the chocolate brownie and ice cream each which was homemade for the bargain price of £2.95! It was beautiful. Equally as good as the one you would get in the Hop Pole in Bewdley that would cost £6! Total for 2 drinks, 2 meals and 2 puds,£22. Can't moan at that! Shame they only serve until 6pm but they do Sunday lunch so will be trying that! All in all, great pub nosh!! Not boil in the bag like you get at Land Oak or Mitre Oak. Home cooked, great value, thank you!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chantilly, France
“Very inviting and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a warm, cosy pub/restaurant. Food served is excellent. If I lived nearer I would definitely go back on a regular basis.

• Visited April 2013