“Fabulous lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Not having much time, due to work, ordered from the lunchtime menu. Fabulous live, bacon and onions with fresh veg and gorgeous garlic potatoes. In 21 years the first time my husband had offal! Greeted, seated and fed, out in under an hour. Thanks Roger and Wendy. Guess who is coming back for more today!

• Visited June 2014

“Lovely lovely food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Me and my family came here for my grandparents golden wedding anniversary. It was a busy Sunday for them! Everyone but me had some sort of roast, being vegetarian I had the Mushroom and veg stir fry, I have never tasted anything quite so good! Honestly one of the best meals out I have ever had.

I don't see why people moan about the waitresses, they are young! Of course they are inexperienced, but you learn on the job, they do their best and are very pleasant and honest, if they don't know the answer to something they go and find it out for you.

My only downfall of the entire visit was that they kept going in and out of what I presume was the kitchen and slamming the door shut behind them, which made everything shake! and a rather loud bang.

I would happily come back here a million times over! Thank you for my lovely meal

• Visited March 2014
Codsall, United Kingdom
“Rambling from Mamble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Came across this pub as a result of planning a ramble from the village. As one of the locals said it majors as a restaurant rather than a pub but nevertheless has a pleasant bar with guest beers. Restaurant is fairly small but stylish. Friedly and attentive staff. Food excellent all appearing to be home made. Nothing fancy, mainly good British dishes. Specimen menus on their website. Sadly a bit too far away from home to visit regularly but, due to ramble research, have visted three times in last 14 days, second occassion with my wife for Sunday roast. She can be a bit fussy but suggested we returned for the following Sunday!! So it must be good!

There is outdoor seating but, whilst close to the village green I would not want to eat outside unless perhaps for a bar snack. Booking appears essential at weekends if you want to eat in the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Must visit!! Excellent food, great ambiance!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We visited the Sun and slipper after been highly recommended. It was Saturday evening and the restaurant was very busy. We didn't have a table booked but the lady behind the bar was more than accommodating and sorted us out a table in the restaurant.The menu was extensive with a lot of choice. There are various menus to choose from including a fixed price menu and a la carte and all meals are cooked fresh to order.

The restaurant is lovely and has a great ambiance. The food was fabulous to say the least!! I had homemade pate to start followed by the fillet steak which I must add was cooked to perfection. My husband choose the creamy garlic mushrooms followed by the rack of lamb which was again served to perfection!! Main courses are accompanied with a selection of vegetables and chips, garlic or new potatoes-all at no extra cost.
There is also an extensive wine list available.

The staff were very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble.
The place has a great atmosphere!!
I would definitely recommend to anyone that enjoys good quality food!!

I have dined in many top restaurants and I can honestly say The sun and slipper is the best!! We will be visiting again very soon!!

• Visited May 2014
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Eat here regularly, the food is excellent and as it says, home cooked, the service is great and the surroundings are lovely, a country pub/restaurant with a little panache!!

Visited May 2014