“It's okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hartlebury

and 1 more site!
You added Travelodge Hartlebury to your Saves list
Travelodge Hartlebury
A449 Southbound, Shorthill Nurseries | Kidderminster, Hartlebury DY13 9SH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hartlebury
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here in October. The decor is bad and needs an urgent re-paint. The lady on reception was very kind and friendly giving us guidance on pubs to eat. We decided to eat in Stourport. There is an old little chef on the dual carriage way which looks horrible and doesn't help

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were at a wedding last week and needed a local base so a large group of us booked into this hotel as we just needed a bed for the end of the night! I can safely say I've learned my lesson from booking such a cheap hotel and won't make the same mistake again!
I'll start with the positives, or should I say the positive! The lady on reception was lovely and made us feel very welcome.
Apart from that this hotel is terrible and is in urgent need of an overhaul. First impressions are not great with a derelict former Little Chef building out the front.The paintwork around the landings is very scruffy, the beds and pillows are awful and I think it would have been more comfortable to sleep in my car. The bathroom was very grim.The first room we we were put in had a horrible musty, damp smell so we had to move.
I appreciate we only paid £28 to stay there but I have been well and truly put off Travelodge for life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
wolverhampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had one night here recently, and one night was plenty. On the good side you should say that you get what you pay for, it was only £25. The other positive would be the staff on reception who were friendly and professional.

Unfortunately once you're through Reception you do have to check into your room and that's where it goes down hill. The heater was rusty and struggling to pump out little heat. The bathroom, while clean, was run down and in need of renovation. The mattress had a definite 'valley' down the middle, such that I spent most of the night shifting myself back up onto the outside ridge so I wasn't squashed by my husband who had rolled down his side to the middle!

The following night we were camping in a tent in the middle of a field, and I can honestly say it was warmer and more comfortable than the Travelodge! All in all, it is cheap and if you're happy with that then go for it, but 'buyer beware' there must be better places to stay around here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pattingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for a night. The room is cheap and you get what you pay for. One heater, barly giving out any heat and covered in rust. The towel rail in the bathroom had a warning sign over it saying it gets hot. I don't know how because the mains cable between the radiator and the wall had been cut off. Tiles around the batch showed signs of mould.

The bed was comfortable and it was ok for a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Walkern, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel as I needed somewhere to stay as I was going to a dog show. When I booked in the lady said I was the only one there with a "booked in" dog, however after going for something to eat I returned to find about half a dozen people with dogs who were walking them around outside. So... how did that work? Was I the only one who had paid £20 for my dog?

When the satnav told me I had arrived I thought I was in the wrong place - there is a derelict building on the dual carriageway and the Travelodge is hidden behind it on the edge of a caravan park. It is very run down, neglected, old and dirty. Outside were hundreds of cigarette butts on the ground. My room left alot to be desired - the toilet wasnt clean and there wasnt even a remote control for the (ancient) television. In the morning before I left my puppy found a dirty pair of boxer shorts in the room! The furniture was dirty and the walls were chipped - the paint was pealing off the inside of the windows. All in all it was awful and noisy - I didnt get any sleep at all.

I will be writing a letter to travelodge.

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you have to.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

staff made us feel very welcome. yes its tired and old, but it is cleaner than alot of hotels we have been in. noise? its very quiet, i did have a room on the back, but i have been in hotels where they are a lot noisier. the bathrooms are clean. rooms are older than than the new ones but do have alot of shelves and bigger wardrobes than the newer hotels. staff were very welcoming and knowledgable especially the supervisor i think she was.
would definiately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton East Sussex England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This must be one of the Travelodge hotel chains oldest and most negleted hotels,the boarded up and derelict restaurant at the approach to the car park do nothing to enhance the first sight of this hotel.There was no client lounge,to meet friends,no bar,a very small reception area,with no frills whatsoever,we understand that a room at a Travelodge will be basic,for the cost,our room was at the rear of the building,no view,apart from looking onto a,non occupied,caravan site,The room itself,although warm and clean with a good bath and shower,was quite "sad"very badly in need of a good overhaul,paint was chipped and scuffed everywhere,TV had a limited viewing choice,we did not watch much anyway.Breakfast was only availible in the room via a cardboard box containing not very much.However the Staff do deserve a special mention as,I believe,they know what they are working with,they all were great,very pleasant and welcoming.Would I stay here again? well I would have to think about it,but if I required a cheap bed for the night then yes I would.We first chose this hotel as it was close to an event that we were attending for the weekend through the internet booking system,looked good on the pc.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are a lot quieter,our friends stayed in the front and complained bitterly about th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Hartlebury? Share your experiences!