“really good restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
North Potomac, MD
“really good restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Donatello's is on the cute main street of Indiana PA, so it's very convenient. Delicious food, nice ambiance & good service.

Visited June 2013

Indiana
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is one of the upscale restaurants that Indiana has to offer and to tell you the truth it isn't anything to brag about. Prices are too high, service is ok, and the food is mediocre. This restaurant reminds me of where the "who's who" go. It used to be open for lunch (no idea why they decided to only be open for dinner.) Every time I went for lunch, they were packed. Their lunch menu was also better than their dinner menu at better prices, too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Nothing outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I live in a large city with many fabulous choices for dining,(with great service) so perhaps I'm more critical than some. We dined here for my daughter's birthday with a group of 9. The food I had was ok, but certainly not spectacular. The place is pricey, and the worst thing about the evening was that the service was horrible!! Everything was so slow, order taking, refills, food coming out..... My order was not correct(all I ordered was a salad and soup), and the waitress seemed irritated about the situation. We had 3 young children with us, so one would think this would be taken into account regarding the service. When we were ready to leave, the waitress apologized for the slow service. I must be in the minority, because there were people standing in the front, waiting for tables at least an hour of our 2 hour experience. There was nothing that would bring me back if I were in the area again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A nice place with real Italian dishes and adult beverages. It's a bit upscale, so it's not a student hangout

Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband, a business associate & I had dinner at Donatello's last Friday. The restaurant was busy, an ode to its popularity, but we were seated quickly. A couple who came in after us was told (pleasantly) that there would be a 20 minute wait for a table or they could eat at the bar. They chose to leave. Too bad! It would have been worth a 20 minute wait! The food was delicious and the service was perfect. I had a dish from the menu with scallops & shrimp in a red sauce over angel hair pasta. Generally angel hair is overcooked in restaurants, but this was perfect al dente. The seafood was cooked perfectly as well. My husband had a special made of scallops & shrimp in a creamy pesto sauce over penne. He practically licked the plate. The business associate proclaimed his mussels as the best he's had anywhere. Tiramisu was home made and delicious! We haven't had dinner here in awhile, but will be back soon!

• Visited January 2013