“Dirty and expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Indiana
“Dirty and expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were stuck with this hotel because our preferred hotel was full :-( lesson learned. We will drive a little while rather than stay. The linens were worn and one was mended. There were not enough towels for 2 people! The carpets were worn. The breakfast room was crammed and the breakfast bar untended. They charge per night what a Hilton would charge. Sad.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Booked online and were upset to learn that it is not pet friendly and they do not provide cots as stated online. Traveling companions were sent away to find another hotel since they had a small dog. manager did work with us for another room since we needed an extra bed. Desk clerk was very young and timid and unsure how to handle problem. Seemed like an older hotel. Bedspreads need to be replaced Free breakfast, not very good. We would stay at a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Macungie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. I was wary when checking in because the public areas (lobby and hallways) are small and outdated. So I was a little surprised that my room was a nice size, clean, and comfortable. Nothing special, but everything was in working order and very clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast had a good variety of food ... eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, bagels, and juices. The breakfast area is very small, so I had to eat in my room, but it too was very clean. The price was a little high for a Comfort Inn, but the free breakfast helped.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
stewartstown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

When I called to make reservations, I was surprised to find out that the Comfort Inn, Indiana still allowed smoking on the fourth floor in the hotel. The persons that took the reservation indicated that this did not affect rooms on other floors.

When we arrived at the Comfort Inn, the clerk assigned us a room on the fourth floor. Therefore, right away we had to insist on a room on another floor as promised. When we got on the elevator, the first thing I smelled was that stinky smell of stale tobacco. Even though the first three floors were "non-smoking” the smell of smoke was everywhere in the hotel.

The room was small and did not have a refrigerator. We both noticed a damp musty smell. There was a thin layer of dust on the bureau. It did not appear that the staff put a lot of effort to cleaning the room.

The bathroom was very small. It smelled of mildew and there was no fan to provide ventilation for the bathroom. There was a water spot on the ceiling. It looked as though there was a leak in the floor above us. My wife has asthma. She could not stay in the bathroom very long because of the mildew.

The lighting in the bathroom was very poor. When you closed the shower curtain, you could barely see to take a shower.

The breakfast room was very small. We had to wait for a table to open up before we could sit down. The complementary breakfast was average.

It was not a pleasant stay. We will not return to the Comfort Inn, Indiana.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had to make another trip back to Indiana. Had a good stay. The hotel seems like it's always busy....for a small town it's hard to get rooms. Love this hotel though, clean, easy to get to, and like last time the people that work there were nice - which is why we decided to go back there even though we could have saved a couple bucks at the Quality. Ibooked on line and then found out I could have gotten it cheaper by calling them at the hotel, whcih is what I'll do next time.

Room Tip: Show your key at the 24 hour restaurant next door and they give you a 10% discount.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Eastlake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room is stuffy as if it had been closed up for years. We placed two wake up calls two days in a row and both times the call was one hour late. The pillows are short and lumpy. Then I was billed twice and my friend was also billed. A triple charge! Never again. I wish it were possible to leave a "zero rating." This motel would deserve it.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I travel for work and typically stay at the Hampton Inn (fabulous!) However, there was something going on locally and hotel rooms were scarce. I ended up at the Comfort Inn...in a smoking room. I hate the smell of smoke, but had no other choice. However the whole hotel smelled like a large ashtray. The air conditioning/heating unit was filthy. It looked like it had rust and dust bunnies in the grates and all over it. The bathtub and mattress pad had cigarette burns all over them. The shower head was broken and when I turned it on, the water sprayed everywhere. I felt dirtier AFTER showering in that disgusting room.

The staff was awful. I lost my keys and the envelope they came in. The envelope said Comfort Inn and had my room number on it with the keys in it. After realizing I lost my keys, I called the hotel asking if they could deactivate them and get a new one. Upon arriving back at the hotel, the girl made me a copy. I asked if she deactivated the old ones and she said that no, she just made a duplicate. I asked again if she could deactivate the old ones. She finally did, but she did it with an attitude.

One night, there was a large line at the elevator so I decided to take the stairs to my room. Upon arriving at the landing of my floor, I see dead ladybugs and flies all over the floor. I looked up at the light, and it was covered and crawling in ladybugs! Clearly, housekeeping is not doing there job and the manager is not taking care of calling the exterminator.

I will never stay at a Comfort Inn again, especially in Indiana, PA. I will drive out of my to stay in a clean hotel.

On a lighter note, the Hampton Inn is wonderful! The whole hotel is smoke-free, clean, and the staff bends over backwards for you.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!