“Undergoing Repairs” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Indiana
Dushore, PA
“Undergoing Repairs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn, Indiana, PA on October 23-25,2012. Apparently there was a fire not to long ago and they are in the process of making repairs. Also a lot of people associated with gas or electric company staying there. Don't get me wrong, I personally know individuals working for the utility company, and they're a great group of people. But at the hotel each night there were those who obviously had to much to drink. They stood near the front door, swearing, yelling, one individual was so inebriated that he fell (and knocked over the garbage can) a couple of times. As to the hotel itself, it appeared clean, nice rooms, indoor pool, fitness room, dining room and bar. Had breakfast there and catered lunch, and both were excellent. Location not to bad, two miles from Indiana, but nothing within walking distance.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Benjamin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indiana, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Sherlock40,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. As the title of your review indicates, we are in the process of making some exterior improvements to our building, and throughout the course of some of those improvements, we unfortunately did have an incident involving an electrical panel that produced quite a bit of smoke. The select rooms that were primarily impacted will soon be back to as good as new.

My apologies that some of the other guests you encountered were less than mannered. We have quite a few different companies that stay with us, and although most are respectful and need little supervision, others apparently get a little too comfortable. Based on your comments, we'll try to do a better job of recognizing what individuals are with which company so that our security, and their supervisors can be notified and respond accordingly to similar incidents.

Ultimately, thank you for your kind words in regards to our cleanliness and amenities. Our staff always loves to read and hear how their best efforts were positively recognized. Our food and beverage department has been working especially hard, so I know that your appreciation of the food will result in many proud proclamations of who prepared the meals. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon, and in the meantime, safe travels!

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am sad to report that I got bed bug bites for the first time in my life at this Holiday Inn. I was only there one night, spent little time in the room at all and ended up with 30-40 bites at least. I had seen a rusty colored mark on the sheet which after research I now know was a clear sign of bed bugs. Since I have no prior experience, I didn't realize this until I checked out so I didn't report to management on-site, but I filled out an online post-stay survey and a guest relations form and have yet to be contacted by anyone. In fact, instead I got a generic "Looking forward to you next stay!" message. The bites are not minor irritations they are extremely itchy and uncomfortable more than a week later. I am terrified and disgusted at the thought that I might have brought them home with me! If you think this is an over-reaction, just do some googling on the difficulties of controlling bed bugs once you have them in your home. I am originally from the area and have no desire to disparage local establishments but between the moldy chlorine smell of the rooms and now the bed bug issue, I will never stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indiana, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear C C,

My apologies that this is my first response to you in regards to your stay, but as I mentioned to the guest relations team that you contacted, since I was first notified of this on 10/15, I'm waiting for our pest control company to come out and perform their inspection. Only then will I be able respond appropriately. In no way am I discrediting your research, and please don't think that an allegation such as this is being taken lightly, but in my experience and thorough education on the topic which has received national attention for its extreme uprising in many facilities not only limited to hotels, what you're experiencing has been confused with alternatives from allergic reactions to our laundry chemicals, to poison ivy. I should also note that from the time you departed our hotel to the time you reported the incident, several guests had stayed in the same room that you had, and reported nothing similar. Again, I'm not discrediting you or the seriousness of the situation, but in this forum I feel it's necessary to quickly post honestly with the information I have for the time being.

Our housekeeping and maintenance staff are trained to perform thorough inspections in an effort to prevent, and immediately respond to any possibility of bed bugs, and if found, take extreme eradication measures for not only the room in which they are found, but all surrounding rooms including those above, below, and behind. As such, we now have the room that you stayed in, as well as all surrounding rooms out of service as we await the pest control company's inspection (which will be conducted today) and findings which includes, believe it or not, swab samples of the guestroom. I appreciate your patience in the meantime, and once I receive they're report, I will surely contact you.
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I was very lucky to get a room at the Holiday Inn since it was IUP homecoming weekend and all the gas drilling activity. I was surprised but very happy. This hotel has been there forever and is still in pretty nice shape. The room I had was right by the exit door for the hallway and I was concerned about excessive noise but did not hear a peep from other guests coming and going. The room was very clean and the furnishings were nice. I liked the channel selection on the TV and the wifi connection was very good. I did not eat in the restaurant but dis smell breakfast and it was tempting. Overall a good experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear LMcFred,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. Having built, and continuing to build strong relationships with the families of IUP students and faculty is something we take a lot of pride in. As you mentioned, it can sometimes be difficult to find vacancy in our area because of the booming natural gas drilling business, but we recognize that it's families such as yours that have helped build our successful tenure in Indiana, and we strive to enforce and promote that by keeping rooms open in anticipation of the leisure demand generated by events such as Homecoming. We hope you continue to come back to us, and if there's anything we can do to make your next experience even better, please don't hesitate to contact me. Until then, safe travels!
Upper Darby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a hotel that I have stayed at at least 4-5 times, since my daughter is enrolled at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. This hotel is close to the campus, and has anything that you would want in a hotel. Very clean, a nice courtyard, good food and a nice indoor pool. It's my go to hotel in Indiana, PA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indiana, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Tanya A,

Thank you so much for the kind words and positive feedback on our hard work and best efforts to provide a clean and comfortable home away from home for you. It's loyal guests such as yourself that keep us in business, and provide our employees with a consistent sense of pride by knowing that they make such a positive impact on those we accommodate. Next time you check-in with us, please ask for me so that I can thank you in person. Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay. The employees are Very friendly and they acknowledge you when you come in and go out. The bed is very comfortable. We'll be back. Our bartender (Kyle) is very friendly and his attention to service is outstanding. Our room was cleaned everyday and little things like lotion and soap were stocked. Thanks for the great Service, you made us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2012
Benjamin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indiana, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Cahelo,

Thank for taking the time to provide your positive feedback on our hard work and best efforts. Our staff is especially diligent in guest acknowledgement and I'm proud that you recognized this throughout your stay, specifically the service efforts of our bartender, Kyle. Thank you for also recognizing our cleanliness efforts. We understand that service and cleanliness are the foundation of successful hotels, and your comments will be shared with all of our staff to reinforce the pride we take in our hotel, and to continue driving our passion for success. We hope to accommodate your again. Until then, safe travels!
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed overnight following a friends wedding so we decided to bring our dog instead of kenneling her. We had to check in before the standard check in time so we got double beds instead of king, but they were able to place us close to an entrance to make it easier to take the dog out.

We were also pleasantly surprised to see a little gift that included a dog bowl, some milkbones and a few cleanup bags. We have stayed at numerous hotels that are 'pet friendly' but this is the first time we'd seen a hotel provide something for the pet!

The room itself was very clean and also went for a swim in the pool and that was perfectly fine as well. Breakfast was delicious and the buffet had a good selection of food and fresh fruits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indiana, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear David B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some feedback about your stay with us. As a pet friendly hotel, I'm especially pleased that you appreciated the gift we provide to dogs and cats. This is an initiative we've recently started, and similar to what you mentioned, guest's and their pets absolutely love it. Especially those who might forget to bring a water dish, toy, or cleanup bags.

I'm sorry to hear we couldn't accommodate your inital room type request upon your arrival, but from the way it sounds, our front desk did a good job of putting you in a convenient location, and I know that they'll be happy to hear that their efforts were positively recognized.

We also greatly appreciate you mentioning our guestroom cleaning efforts as being satisfactory, and that your breakfast was delicious. All in all, it sounds like we delivered on all fronts from service, to comfort, to cleanliness, to amenities. Again, I can't thank you enough for positively recognizing the hard work and best efforts put forth by our staff, as it's feedback such as this that reinforces the pride we take in our hotel, and makes us thankful for our guests. We look forward to accommodating you again. In the meantime, safe travels!
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a large group of little league players and parents stay over a 3-5 day period at this hotel and had the best time. Perfect for what we needed. Staff was great and very acccomidating, pool was the best, breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Benjamin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indiana, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear William H,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words about the accommodations and service we provided to your group. We enjoyed having you stay with us, and as a matter of fact, after your initial check-out date of Sunday had passed, I remember quite a few of our staff ask daily if your team won, and if you would be checking back in so that they knew how busy they'd be. That soon turned from an inquiry on business demand, to a caring question about your success so that we could share in the excitement of your wins. We felt like we were part of your team in a way since you were staying with us, and we were all rooting for you! Congratulations again, and we hope to see you again next year. Safe travels!

Been to Holiday Inn Indiana? Share your experiences!