“Great view, quality food but rather meagre portions.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in New Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, British, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ‘The Lounges’ are informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bars open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.The Lounge menu is available all-day and offers a wide range of dishes including an extensive brunch menu, a selection of proper-job burgers, a great selection of tapas, & more restaurant-in-...style monthly specials. There is an extensive selection of coffee/tea, cakes and pastries, smoothies and fresh juice, and a small selection of wines, draught beers & cocktails.The interiors are comfortable, inviting, and a bit eccentric. The photos, a great majority of which feature Dave’s (co-founder) grandparents, are weird and slightly unnerving?!We’ve got a variety of board games available for either children or adults, daily newspapers to read, a kids menu (& highchairs), & a free neighbourhood book swap (bring an old book & swap it with a book in the bookcase).Think of us as your home-from-home.
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Great view, quality food but rather meagre portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Visited Marino Lounge on a Friday lunch time and chose a mid priced meal of one of their burgers, The Rib Tickler at £9.75. Featuring the increasingly popular (these days) Pulled Pork, the meal was very pleasant. Fries were served in a small pot lined with paper and although tasty the meal size for the price was disappointing.Probably more suitable for a business lunch or ladies who lunch I would never-the-less recommend the restaurant. Service was average and of the pub type experience where you order and pay at the bar before you have been served. The premises were clean and pleasing with a very good view but the lighting was poor. Take a torch if you want to be able to see what you're eating. My meal had a paper sheet on the plate onto which the food had been served. In the poor light (I admittedly have poor eyesight) I ended up nearly eating some of the paper which had softened due to the sauce on the burger. The bill for two of us with a main course and a latte each was £24, which is fairly average in the area it is situated in. We would go again but would probably try somewhere else first.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marino L, Manager at Marino Lounge, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that you didn't think your meal was good value. All feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that your feedback will be passed on to our chefs. We use high end products cooked fresh so to aim for great taste so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the taste of your meal. On your next visit I would reccommend a lounge burger with added pulled pork for only £10.45 it is most definately a more filling meal. We do use an order at the bar system, this adds to our relaxed atmosphere meaning that our customers are able to order as and when they like so not to feel pressured to leave.

Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to seeing you again.

Wirral, Merseyside
“Nice evening with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Spent last Friday evening here with a group of friends. Had some really nice tapas, house wine nice. Atmosphere nice and the staff were pleasant and friendly. It is slightly more expensive than other places on the front, but the quirky uniqueness makes up for it and it's not unreasonable in this day and age.

Visited May 2014
Marino L, General Manager at Marino Lounge, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, all feedback is much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your evening, we look forward to seeing you again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food but aggressive staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We came for a family meal on bank holiday Monday. We enjoyed the food but witnesses a loud argument between a male and female member of staff in front of a busy restaurant. We also heard a lot of swearing coming from the 2 as they stormed around the restaurant... Will not be returning and definatley not with children. Unacceptable!!!

Marino L, General Manager at Marino Lounge, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at our restaurant. I am disappointed to hear that such a thing happened so to ruin your meal. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me at marino@thelounges.co.uk so I can talk to you further about the incident and find out more specifics about what happened. I can assure you that this will not happen again. We normally get a lot of good feedback about staff and service so it is disappointing to hear this was not the case on your visit.

Look forward to hearing back from you,
General manager
“Best place on the front”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Friendly clean place with a good menu . Smells of coffee rather than chips so got our vote for lunch . I had the chilli panini and Alex the breakfast muffin , very good value.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Relaxed atmosphere ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The restaurant is quirky and has a relaxed atmosphere. I come here regularly and can't say I have ever had a bad meal. If you don't fancy food it's also a nice place to come and just sit with a glass of wine and chill.

Although the food is great I do feel it is slightly overpriced. Also on numerous occasions I have waited ages for my food as I feel there is never enough staff on.

The staff though are always friend and polite. This place is definitely worth a visit.