“Nice for a drink not for food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in New Brighton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: ‘The Lounges’ are informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bars open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.The Lounge menu is available all-day and offers a wide range of dishes including an extensive brunch menu, a selection of proper-job burgers, a great selection of tapas, & more restaurant-in-...style monthly specials. There is an extensive selection of coffee/tea, cakes and pastries, smoothies and fresh juice, and a small selection of wines, draught beers & cocktails.The interiors are comfortable, inviting, and a bit eccentric. The photos, a great majority of which feature Dave’s (co-founder) grandparents, are weird and slightly unnerving?!We’ve got a variety of board games available for either children or adults, daily newspapers to read, a kids menu (& highchairs), & a free neighbourhood book swap (bring an old book & swap it with a book in the bookcase).Think of us as your home-from-home.
“Nice for a drink not for food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited here as a party of 4 food took an age to arrive and not particularly busy. Went to the loo whilst waiting and our food was on the pass coming out of the kitchen under the lamps. Came back from the loo and the food was still there waited another 5 mins for it to arrive! My Chicken burger was a bashed out over cooked piece of chicken really burned around the edges and v dry! Curry (think it was a curry) was puréed like baby food and pretty bland. We visit here for drinks often and love the fact we can bring our dog on for a coffee but won't be returning to eat again as there are much nicer places around to eat. Pity as the atmosphere and decor is lovely.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have previously visited Marino on a few occassions before now and thought it was great. However I attended on Monday (8.7.13) for the Burger and a brownie deal, it was phenominal. As always the food was great, never a bad word to say about the food but the two girls who served me, Steph and Lucy, really made the evening enjoyable. Great sense of humour and gave the restaurant a light hearted feel to it. Exactly the evening I was looking for. Im aware the service can be slow at times especially when its busy but the place seemed quite full yet they still had time to keep the place spotless and have a laugh while they did it.
Also the buger deal is a steal, a meaty burger and a gorgeous brownie for £8.95, I know my eyes can be a bit big for my belly but this is definitely worth it!
I would recommend this restaurant to anybody, i have certainly told all my friends and I will be returning with a girly group soon, hopefully have a great evening again!
Thank you Marino and thank you girls, another fantastic experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Extremely Bad Customer Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I regret back my previous 5** trip advisor review of the marino lounge! Me and my mum went for a coffee on the 5th of june 2013 before I went into hospital for surgery. We ordered two coffees, one DECAF for my mum as she is very sensitive to caffeinated coffee and one normal for me. As he came up to our table he had both cups in the LEFT hand and milk in his RIGHT. Everything was fine until we left and we went to morrisons and my mum felt light headed, jittery and sick. However I usually drink alot of coffee and I waited for it to kick in and it didnt! As we got home I rang up to ask if they made a mistake as my mum didnt feel well. It was the waiter that served on the line. The response we got was shocking. "Ive been doing this for years" No apology whats so ever, very defensive and insisted that he given the right coffees out. He was saying we were wrong?? This is also not the first time it has happened. I said I would take it further if she felt worse the next day which she felt exhausted and making simple mistakes. In which he said FINE and put the phone down. This upset me so much as it was a simple coffee before I went to hospital to have surgery, thus is why its taken me so long to do something about it. I'm thinking about writing a letter to the complaints department. Wont be going back

• Visited June 2013
Cheshire UK
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been to the Marino Lounge several times now. The ordering at the counter is tedious and each time has been slow even though it hasn't been particularly busy. Food has been fine, nothing outstanding. The service has always been slow and the staff have a bored air about them. This week popped in with hubby and our dog as you can take your dog into the 'snug; area which is a bonus when it is cold. ordered two drinks one arrived after 10 minutes the other took another 15 minutes (very quiet in there!) so wasn't really a drink together.

I am will be at the Marino Lounge on Friday evening on a girly so will see how it goes!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
wirral
“Breakfast is good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

had tapas here shortly after Marino lounge opened was not impressed . Tried it again for Breakfast lovely good menu

Visited June 2013