“Fab location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in New Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, British, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ‘The Lounges’ are informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bars open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.The Lounge menu is available all-day and offers a wide range of dishes including an extensive brunch menu, a selection of proper-job burgers, a great selection of tapas, & more restaurant-in-...style monthly specials. There is an extensive selection of coffee/tea, cakes and pastries, smoothies and fresh juice, and a small selection of wines, draught beers & cocktails.The interiors are comfortable, inviting, and a bit eccentric. The photos, a great majority of which feature Dave’s (co-founder) grandparents, are weird and slightly unnerving?!We’ve got a variety of board games available for either children or adults, daily newspapers to read, a kids menu (& highchairs), & a free neighbourhood book swap (bring an old book & swap it with a book in the bookcase).Think of us as your home-from-home.
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Fab location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

As a local this place is great to get a bite to eat when I'm out and about.
I have eaten at The Marino Lounge a few times and at first the service wasn't great but things have definitely improved.
The food is hearty and interesting as I'd the decor. Child friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
The views I we the boating lake and the river Mersey are excellent.
I will be returning again and again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointing, so much potential”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was my second trip here first time was much better, think the standards have slipped. Our table was dirty and when the waitress came over to give us our cutlery flicked a bean off the table. I ordered the vegan breakfast and when it came out it had an egg! The reason I had ordered a vegan breakfast I don't eat egg. The very surral waitress took it away to come back a few minutes later and slap my plate in front of me. While eating I felt that something was missing from my plate. The vegan breakfast had houmous and this was just siting there nothing really went with it so consulting a menu realised that I had no roast pepper. Well no one cared when I told the staff they were all to busy talking to each other and having a laugh behind the counter. Very bad customer service on this occasion. Also asked for a fresh orange juice and was given juice from a carton. Very dissappointed as I thought this place was going to be a different kind of establishment somewhere a bit different, somewhere that cared about the food they where serving but no just the same as most eateries in the new brighton complex rude staff

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wirral
“Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food is good and the atmosphere and service excellent. I would say that it does a get little loud at lunchtime especially at weekends which unfortunately is a bit of a downside if you're looking to chat or for a quiet read. They have quirky tables, a library type area and a kids area too. I particularly love the décor with old signs and object d'art.

Visited March 2013
“Feels like your on holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends for dinner before the cinema, totally loved it. 3 course tapas (with bread £7.95). Staff very helpful, wine good couldn't ask for for more.
Thank you.

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great early food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sunday morning and it is nippy, these Easterlies wont go away, however a walk along the front and a stop to watch the model boats was a nice start to the day but we were cold.

A look around and this place seemed pretty busy for this time of day so we thought we would pop in for a warm and a cuppa. We were made welcome and ordered tea for two, while waiting we looked over the menu and the food sounded good so we ordered the Lounge Eggs, me with mushrooms and my wife with Salmon, this it turns out was a very good idea indeed, they were perfectly cooked, well presented and lovely! the tea was very nice as well.

There are good views out over the boating lake and the Mersey, a good atmosphere even that early on a Sunday, the staff were great and polite, the toilets spotless, disabled access appeared to be easy and thought out, there is outside seating with ashtrays provided if thats what you do..dogs appeared to be welcome (a personal niggle as I don't think dogs and food mix but there ya go)

So in conclusion, a smashing place to pop into, everybody (and their dog) is welcome, food excellent, prices fair. All in all somewhere you should have on you list if you are visiting the area.

• Visited April 2013