“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

+44 151 559 2060
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Grosvenor Casino New Brighton is a vibrant and diverse leisure destination boasting an a la carte restaurant, late-night bar and a comprehensive gaming experience. We have numerous Roulette (including electronic terminals), Blackjack & Poker tables, plus popular Slot machines to ensure all your gaming needs are met, for all level of player. Situated in the Marine Point complex, we are open 10am to 4am, 7 days a week and provide free parking.
New Brighton, United Kingdom
79 attraction reviews
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our first trip to the casino and we were pleasantly surprised. Clean and bright with a great atmosphere. We didn't gamble but spent some time walking around familiarising ourselves with the different tables. We had a drink in the bar, which was very reasonable. We then went to the restaurant and got a great deal. £15 each for a 2-course dinner, a £5 gaming chip for the roulette and a cinema ticket for the Light Cinema round the corner. (this can be used at any time within the next 6 months). The food in the restaurant was very good. My only complaint would be that there was too much!!!! Abby who served us was bubbly and helpful. Really enjoyed the evening. Saving our £5 gaming coupon for our next visit!

Visited March 2013

Wirral
10 attraction reviews
“Food not as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had our work Christmas do here. It was a fun way to spend the evening with colleagues - less awkward than a normal meal or evening in a bar together.

The idea of tuition and learning tables was great, and the croupiers were friendly and not intimidating.

The bar area was a bit too neon for someone prone to migraines, and the entertainment was a disinterested karaoke crooner, in a room on his own too far away from where we were eating.

But what really let the evening down was the food. Not great, and the descriptions were very misleading. I pre-ordered 'cheese souffle', which turned out to be cheese pastie. Not the same thing at all, and you shouldn't describe things you don't understand. Even by normal catered Christmas meal standards, it was poor.

As a casino, yes, it has all you expect. As with most casinos, there's a mixed clientele, from would-be James Bonds and Bond girls to young lads popping in to play a couple of quid.

It's not pretentious or intimidating - anyone is made welcome.

The staff were great - from croupiers to cashiers, and especially the door / reception staff.

Visited December 2012
Wirral
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Both myself and my partner are members and have visited the casino on a number of occasions and thought the New Year party celebration would be good.I purchased two tickets for twenty pounds.

Upon our arrival, my first impression was that the evening event was oversubscribed. The bar was 'four' deep along it's entire length and therefore I opted to attempt to get served in the orderly queue in the poker room. I did not anticipate having to spend 50 minutes in the casino before I could get a drink with lots of people complaining in the queue.

I then discovered that there was a buffet available on the night but again for ticket holders only at a further cost. I was not aware of this nor was I offered the option to purchase tickets for a buffet when I bought the entry tickets.

I chanced my luck at the bar for a drink before midnight. It was similar to a cattle market with the staff clearly frustrated by the numbers present who were also frustrated. Customers were being told constantly that they could not queue at the end of the bar which was a glass collection area but given that the bar area was now six or seven deep it had little effect.

On midnight I attempted to receive a glass of bubbly for my partner and myself as stated on the tickets. Although there was champagne available, I was told that they had no glasses left to serve any. I informed the member of staff that I was far from happy with the evening and would complain. He was in agreement with me and said ' I don't blame you, you won't be the only one'.

The seating area is small, but it appeared to be too large an area for staff to clear the food strewn tables which were littered with empty glasses.

In all it was a shambles of a night and I paid £20 for the privilege, something which as a member object to in the first instance. I think future consideration should be given to hold any other events in a members club where a charge to members is being proposed. I for one, will never pay for entry to any event at this casino as it was poorly organised and the staff could not cope with the sheer numbers present which was unfair on them.

I informed the Casino of my displeasure and they agreed with the issues I highlighted and to be fair they invited me to discuss my experience over a coffee. I will however consider carefully whether to return here again or venture elsewhere.

Visited December 2012
Wirral, Liverpool
“Doing well but needs help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having visited at new year and having a terrible time (far too oversold) I persuaded a friend to join me for lunch at the casino however the kitchen seemed practically closed and the delivery hadn't arrived so hardly anything was available. Was very disappointed however the staff are fantastic (front of house) and made every accommodation for us. The manager should be very proud of their staff and their training programme.

Visited January 2013
wirral,uk
“disagree re new year and generally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

yes,,well we went at new year too..it was very full but this is probably coz its very popular..it was only a tenner to get in ,,this included a glass of champagne and a pretty good tina turner show..yes there were younger folk in there and the buffet didnt last long,,the buffet wasnt advertised though so it was still good,,,all in all i think the casino is great,,very friendly ,,smart,,clean,,not too dear and a real good addition to new brighton...i go back years and remember what was there b4 it,,,a big load of nothing ...a few gormless drugged up teenagers and the odd looking old perv!....(and no it wasnt me!)..lol

Visited January 2013