“okay food, awful staff” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“okay food, awful staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I live local and have only eat here once before as my first experience was not very pleasant but it had been a while so thought I may a well try again. From the moment we walked in, to the moment we where seated at our table the waiter didn't say a word to us or even smile, very unfriendly.

Went right to mains, I had penne pasta with chicken, which came out freezing cold. I tried several times to get a member of staffs attention,but nobody came over and by the time they came back for a check back I was half way into the dish. Very underwhelming to say the least.

Credit where credit is due, the pudding was great, although it was clearly from frozen and not hand made.

I can cope with not so warm food, but the service was just awful, the same waiter came to take our card payment and snatched the machine out of my hand once I had popped in my pin. I don't think I have received such awful service in my life, real let down as the food is reasonably priced for the area.

Wont be returning in a hurry, plenty of other nice places to eat in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cheshire
“Fantastic food, service - great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant as we come to visit from about 30 miles away.

Fantastic service - really attentive staff and it's lovely to show your children a little culture, even if it is a chain restaurant by talking about different cuisines and nationalities. The staff were fantastically attentive with my children who loved the three course tiny tots menu (amazing value too!)

Our food was fabulous with a great glass of Sangiovese to wash it down with.

A family of four fed, with drinks for under £40. And my family were too full to eat at tea time so a real bargain - very happy indeed!

We will return.

Visited May 2014
WIRRAL
“Nice ... but not if you're hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Service was good and staff were very friendly. Venue nice but not much atmosphere. Food was good but little sauce on the pasta and portions small. I had the Lobster & Crab Tortelli which was nice but not enough. Others had the chicken in saffron sauce and the king prawn. I do like my sauce but there wasn't any to speak of. All 2 mains for 12.95 special, I wouldn't be prepared to pay full price for those portions. also had VIP Pizza, paid extra, nice but little topping. All in all an OK experience for a quick bite. Not inclined to stay longer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bromborough, United Kingdom
“won't return!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Visited Prezzo on Friday early evening with my family, 2 adults 2 children (15&13), first impressions were good, nice and clean, lovely views, we were shown to our table given our menus.. And walked off! No offer of any drinks or anything, waitress returned we ordered the child's menu for my 13 year old as she has a small appetite, I ordered pasta my 15 year old and partner both had pizza's, the kids had 1 fanta each, I had lime & lemonade, partner had one pint of lager, will admit the pizza's looked divine smelt beautiful well presented, my pasta was ok! No wow though, daughter's meal was average, we sent my son's glass back as had dried food on outside! During the meal no asking of how the meal was, totally ignored, we were asked about desserts/coffee but we declined.We noticed the majority of staff were foreign! The bill was £58!!! Overall average food, very bad service clearly not trained in customer service!! Will not return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great service !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Been to prezzo quite a number of times now and always have come away satisfied. Never had any problems with food or service. However the food isn't of home made quality, I can though say the service has never been anything but appreciated. Always a great atmosphere with many different people enjoying their time together. Would recommend if you like easy Italian food at a reasonable price with the voucher of course. Great area now with the cinema close by if you fancy a movie afterwards

• Visited March 2014