“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in New Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are committed to providing first class food and service and believe that our approach gives our guests the best dining experience on the Wirral
Merseyside
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My hubby, stepdaughter & myself went for a meal tonight , was surprised how nice the restaurant was. As we were going on to the cinema we eat at 5.30pm & I have to say the service & meal was very good. Would definitely go again but eat later on in the night. Just want to see how they cope with a full seating, Then maybe they will score excellent.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

First time visit for us last night. We both really enjoyed the food here and the presentation is lovely. We had 2 courses each and a bottle of wine for just under £40. The staff were friendly and welcoming and seemed genuinely interested in whether we enjoyed our meals. It's the extra little touches that stick in my mind though. The gingerbread on arrival, the homemade breads and flavoured butter and the little sponge cakes at the end of the meal. It's a lovely place and we will definitely visit again.

Visited January 2013
Sylvia G, Owner at Peninsula Dining Room, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your recent visit to PDR. Ross, Mandie and the Team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Sylvia Gray
Owner
Wirral
“A very nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I went here for the first time last Saturday night. We had not booked and were initially told there were no tables available. The head chef / owner came and spoke to us and said there might be a table free in 15mins would we like to go for a drink next door and phone back in 15mins. The restaurant looked very pleasant so we took his advice and phoned back and the table was being made ready for us.
I am really glad we waited as we both had a very enjoyable evening. The menu is quite small but the quality of food both in presentation and taste was excellent. There was a very good choice of wines and the waitresses were friendly and attentive.
We will certainly be going back and next time we will book in advance

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sylvia G, Owner at Peninsula Dining Room, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
On behalf of Ross and Mandie we are delighted you were so satisfied with not only the food but attention given by the staff on your first visit to Peninsula dining room and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sylvia Gray
Owner
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“cosy and comfy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I really like the food at this place and the service is good too. The specials on our last visit included rice pudding and chicken stuffed with haggis. Both were just right for the season. Only negative was the party sitting behind us were so noisy we couldn't.t actually hear each other would have appreciated a bit more thought in seating arrangements.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“An absolutely lovely place to spend an evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've just moved to Wallasey and some friends decided this is the first place we should eat out at, i'm sad to say the other restaurants around the new brighton area wont get a look in from me as I loved this place, it was cosy, well decorated and the staff actually knew what customer service was and made us feel so welcome. I loved how we could see the chefs cooking and preparing the food and they offer very good value for money. I have eaten here twice now and will be returning in the new year and i'm very confident that will continue time and time again. The part that made me like it more was the idea for the water, fantastic idea and a great help to Claire house i'm sure.
Anywho enough of the love-fest for the place as I think you get the point, would recommend highly to anyone!!

• Visited December 2012