“can compare to the best of boutique hotels!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Angel Hotel to your Saves list
The Angel Hotel
The Angel Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   47 High Street, Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 7AQ, England   |
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“can compare to the best of boutique hotels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have recently had the pleasure of staying in the newly transformed Angel Hotel with my 15 year old daughter. We lived in Wootton Bassett and were back to visit friends.We decided to treat oursselves to a 3 night stay as I ate here recently and was very impressed! What can I say? From the moment we booked in we were totally lavished with attention from Emma and the wonderful manager ,Mark.The room was beautiful, withsumptious linen and the most comfortable bed, tastefully decorated and fully equipped to the highest standard.
Our breakfast was amazing ,and served by Mark who realy cannot do enough for you,again the attention to detail from the finest porcelain and the very best of ingredients including the owners own reared beef and hand home made sausages was evident.
The restaurant again is wonderful, and the food faultless, again we were waited on by Mark! Does he ever have a day off?!
This wonderful small hotel realy is a triumph and can give other boutique hotels a run for their money! Wootton Bassett truly deserves this lovely place and I am sure it will give credit to its soon to be bestowed ,Royal Title.
We will be back very soon. Joanne and Amber Mcdonagh

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Tired of driving, so thought I would stay the night in Wootton Bassett. Not knowing the area, checked out a couple of the alternative establishments. I like beer but that isn't my overwhelming priority, but it helps, if kept in good condition! Other places on the High Street offering much cheaper accommodation, but The Angel had the best beer, lovely staff, and steak that I hadn't tasted since childhood. Mind you, I do smoke! A young lady who was finishing her shift, popped over to say I hope you enjoy your stay as I started to begin my evening meal, and the young chap, who suggested without pushing. Room was lovely, and had more than enough tea and coffee and milk to wake up to. The Manager kindly unlocked the Beer Garden door in the morning for my pre-pre breakfast, a cigarette or two, then recognising the parking restrictions in the High Street, I asked him if I could have breakfast now as opposed to my initial request. Of course,he replied. Full English, with toast, and he also provided coissants and pain eau chocolat. Thank you to the staff on that day, they were extremely knowledgable and charming. To me it seems like a good team, a friendly place, do have the steak, and a special mention to The Manager, who makes it seem effortless, AND makes a great cup of coffee! Would have given you 5 Stars but no Armagnac! Had to do with Brandy!!!! Hope it goes from strength to strength.

Room Tip: Just go with the flow!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
devizes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

First stay in Wootton Bassett, will not be the last.I was drawn by the smell of log fire in the high street, after a long look at the large selection of wines and ales, I went for the the reasonably priced Chateauneuf du Pape, the smell of barbecue got my appetite on overdrive.Found out the steaks are cooked in a special charcoal oven and wanted to give it a go.I was not disapointed..by far, the best rib eye I have ever had.Simple,honest food.Great!
Friendly staff, not in your face, cosy atmosphere.
The room was newly refurbished, confortable bed, all the usuals and it was spotless.
Breakfast..I missed it, I overslept.
would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed here as we were over for a 2 day concert nearby. Hotel is a recently restored old inn - very cosy , rooms were really comfortable and bright. Nothing was too much trouble - breakfast was delicious - freshly made to order by Stuart -thank you - really set us up for the day.We didn't eat any other meals in the hotel as were out all day but menu looked very good, - a lot of people were coming in for drinks in the bar and to make dinner bookings.Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - every member of staff was really friendly and helpful - it's quite newly opened so I hope they do well - it's a great spot, very relaxing.

Room Tip: Book online before you go - we saved £20 per night
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!