Went here for a two night break in November 2012 with friends who were returning customers. Staff very friendly, nice room, food was good - we ate both nights in the hotel, having the roast on the Sunday which was two for £9.95 ! Breakfast was substantial, buffett plus choice of cooked dish. Nice lounge with real fire which is very relaxing in the evening. Parking at the hotel is always a bonus. We had stopped at the shopping outlet in Swindon on the way . Marlborough is a nice place to wander around and we also visited Bourton-on-the-Water which is definately worth a visit, lovely little cotswold town. Will be coming back to the Castle and Ball and recommending to friends and family.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle And Ball Hotel
- The Castle Ball Hotel
- Castle Ball Marlborough
- The Castle & Ball Hotel Marlborough, UK - Wiltshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished early 2012 and situated on Britain’s widest high street, The Castle & Ball has had a fascinating past dating back to the 15th century, with some of the original oak timbers pre-dating the Spanish Armada. The building’s age accounts for some individual features including the splitlevel brasserie-style restaurant. The hotel’s walled Beer Garden at the rear provides a relaxing setting for those looking to enjoy a drink and a meal alfresco-style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Castle & Ball Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.