We stayed there for the weekend of the beginning of March and having read reports from previous guests which sounded quite positive, we were looking forward to our stay, however it was an enormous disappointment.
On arrival we were taken to our room and had been advised that we had been upgraded to a suite. Well, if this was a suite, I would have hated to see a standard room. The room (No. 1), smelt of TCP and was quite large. There were 18 drawers and a wardrobe which wasn't tall enough for anything to be hung at full length. The advert said that the bathroom had been refurbished in 2012 but we really struggled to work out which part of it had been worked on. The flow of the shower was a mere trickle. The floorboards in the room and bathroom creaked very badly, so much so that we were woken in the morning by the creaking floorboards in the next door room which alarmed us as we thought someone was in our bathroom. The bed was extremely soft and I really recommend that they install a new mattress. The room radiator didn't work and on the basis it was just 2 degrees outside, they only supplied us with a thin summer duvet and surprisingly there was no blanket in the wardrobe as is common practice in all hotels around the world but then this was hardly a hotel of any standard.
Having read the many positive comments on both Trip Advisor and in the hotel's own guest book, one really has to question the standard of hotels all these people have experienced as for us, it is very below par and doesn't deserve 3 stars let alone one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our small family run Cotswold hotel set amidst beautiful countryside in the South Cotswolds, just 10 minutes from the M4 and so easily accessible. It’s the perfect spot to relax, unwind and explore... we're in the Tetbury, Malmesbury, Cirencester triangle! We offer 28 3 star en-suite rooms including Family, Disabled and Dog Friendly accommodation. Our AA Rosette restaurant serves beautifully cooked, locally sourced fare - a comfortable lounge & bar serves wines from Tetbury and Bath and real ale from Uley complimenting the offer in a warm, friendly and service-orientated environment. Assessed by Visit Britain gaining Walkers, Cyclists, Pets and Families Welcome, Breakfast Award and Disability level 1 and 2 for Disabled friendly rooms. Our hotel has been awarded a Green Tourism SILVER award reflecting our commitment to these Glorious Cotswolds!! A great location for exploring the delights of the ancient towns of Malmesbury and Royal Tetbury and the National Arboretum at Westonbirt and the glorious South Cotswold's area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Malmesbury
- Best Western Mayfield Hotel
- Best Western Crudwell
- Crudwell Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel Crudwell, Wiltshire