In the area on business, we found a deal at this hotel on Travelzoo. As far as the deal was concerned, it was excellent value. The hotel was welcoming, spotlessly clean and we found the food to be very good indeed. The staff were very nice and the service at mealtimes was good.
Unfortunately upon arrival (on a very cold day) our room was cold and the heating didn't appear to be on. The management were very pro-active, supplying us with an additional fire and doing their best to get the radiators to work, which eventually they did. But I have to say that after a long journey, one does expect to be shown to a room that is warm and cosy. I would have thought that staff should check the rooms that have been reserved, prior to arrival by guests, just to make sure that all is well - particularly in an old building where perhaps things do not always work as efficiently as they should.
Our bathroom was extremely clean and well-fitted but the shower was weak. As we had paid for an upgraded room, I would at least have expected it to have either a bath or a power-shower. The bathroom also had two steps leading down to it. No problem for us, but perhaps a handrail should have been fitted for use by elderly persons who may occupy the room, or for a family with a small child who may occupy the additional bed that was in the room.
All in all though it was a pleasant and relaxing stay, but I don't think I would have wanted to pay the full price for the room we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our small family run Cotswold hotel set amidst beautiful countryside in the South Cotswolds, just 10 minutes from the M4 and so easily accessible. It’s the perfect spot to relax, unwind and explore... we're in the Tetbury, Malmesbury, Cirencester triangle! We offer 28 3 star en-suite rooms including Family, Disabled and Dog Friendly accommodation. Our AA Rosette restaurant serves beautifully cooked, locally sourced fare - a comfortable lounge & bar serves wines from Tetbury and Bath and real ale from Uley complimenting the offer in a warm, friendly and service-orientated environment. Assessed by Visit Britain gaining Walkers, Cyclists, Pets and Families Welcome, Breakfast Award and Disability level 1 and 2 for Disabled friendly rooms. Our hotel has been awarded a Green Tourism SILVER award reflecting our commitment to these Glorious Cotswolds!! A great location for exploring the delights of the ancient towns of Malmesbury and Royal Tetbury and the National Arboretum at Westonbirt and the glorious South Cotswold's area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Malmesbury
- Best Western Mayfield Hotel
- Best Western Crudwell
- Crudwell Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel Crudwell, Wiltshire