“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I went here for Sunday lunch with my family and was very pleased with the tasty dishes served. I had the plaice which was very flavoursome and my mother had the lamb roast which was cooked to perfection.

Visited April 2014

Burton on Trent
“Gorgeous food and cosy surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I were staying in Castle Combe for a night last night and we didn't want to eat in our hotel so to be quite honest, chose this pub as a result of a google search for the nearest place to eat! Well thank goodness for google! walked into a charming intimate pub with plenty of character - the lady who made us feel welcome was lovely and we were shown to our table which was in a lovely place!
The whole pub had a very charming atmosphere.
the starters were gorgeous - creamed mushrooms on toast - after such a lovely start we were looking forward to the main course and were not disappointed at all as they were just as delicious!
I had the slow roast Gloucester old spot belly pork which truly was a gorgeous meal and hubby had a (huge) burger which he loved also!
I just wanted to say a huge compliments to the chef as it really was a delicious meal!
Service was very efficient too - didn't have any kind of a delay in waiting for food or anything else like I have read on another review here... that must have been a one off bad night - there were lots of people eating last night and it didn't result in service being slow!
Spot on! Cant actually think of anything bad I can say about this lovely little place!
I SHALL be returning on my next trip there!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol
“Lovely country pub - very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Celebrated our birthdays here with a Family Lunch. Small pub with snug bar and restaurant tables. Clean plates and empty glasses all round! We loved the food - belly pork and savoy cabbage, beautifully grilled plaice, homemade burgers, and puddings to die for. We'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

What a find! The food here is excellent and the staff really friendly. We ate here early on in the evening which meant it was very quiet but by the time we left at about 8pm the place was packed....a good sign! Reasonably priced too!

Visited March 2014
Wiltshire, England
“Not bad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We chose this pub as we'd heard great things about it and it looked nice from the outside when we drove past the week before!

I would say that our expectations were not fully met which i felt was a real shame.

When my dad asked what beer they had the response was only one which even i thought strange, never been to a pub that doesnt have a selection of beer!

The starters were fantastic, we had mushrooms on sourdough and the fishcakes, we all agreed they were lovely and could have had double helpings!

The main course - the rib eye was really good, pork good and the pumpkin risotto was okay....not much taste to it and it claimed to have blue cheese in it however i couldnt taste that at all!

Puddings were nice, rhubarb crumble, panna cotta and sticky toffee pud.

It was pretty cold in there too, a fire was on but barely heated the pub, plus they were very tight with the amount of logs they put on there, even though we asked!

3 courses took 2 hours to complete, considering there were only 3 other tables of 2 people eating i think this is too slow and drawn out.

Nice evening, bit pricey, but i dont think we'll be rushing back soon.

• Visited February 2014