We stayed here for 2 nights (7 & 8 March) whilst attending a wedding at the nearby golf club. We stayed in the "pink room" which is featured on the website. This is a lovely room and is well decorated, making me feel as if I had been transported back to the time of Jane Austen! However my husband (who is 6 foot 4) did struggle a bit with the low doorway to the bathroom but that is to be expected in a building of this age and style!
The Farmhouse is overall very comfortable and welcoming and the room offered plenty of storage space and was spotlessly clean. We particularly liked the fact that there were lightweight blinds as well as heavy curtains, thereby giving you the option of either letting the natural morning light creep in as you wake or shutting out the light completely if you prefer a darkened room in the morning.
Facilities are good with a well stocked welcome tray & kettle, hairdryer, toiletries and very helpful staff. Caron, the owner was not around on our first night and morning here but the two girls whom she left in charge were very welcoming and helpful.
Breakfast is a sociable affair as the breakfast room is quite small. We took breakfast on both mornings with 2 lovely Japanese ladies who were also staying there. Whilst we enjoy chatting to others at breakfast time, if you prefer a solitary, silent breakfast then Fosse Farmhouse would probably not suit you.
Breakfast was delicious (all locally sourced ingredients.....yum!) and, whilst not huge, was more than sufficient to get you through the morning (cereals, juice, tea/coffee, sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms and beans). There was also an unlimited supply of toast (served with delicious homemade marmalade and jam) and a well stocked fruit bowl at the table.
On the Friday evening, we ate at the nearby Salutation Inn which we would highly recommend....delicious food at reasonable prices. A word of warning......if you are eating out you will either need to drive or walk as taxi firms charge a £20 call out fee due to the countryside location of both the farmhouse and the golf club......as the Salutation is only 2 minutes drive away this seemed a little too extravagant for us!!!!
We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area......a really good find! Thank you Caron for a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian stone Farmhouse has three charming B&B guest bedrooms filled with English and French Decorative Antique furniture and three pretty self catering cottages in the grounds sleeping 2-6. Within walking distance of the beautiful Cotswold village of Castle Combe in an area of outstanding natural beauty-yet only one and a half hours from London.The ideal base for visiting Bath and Bristol,Longleat,The Badminton Horse Trials,The Ryder Cup, Stonehenge,Avebury,Lacock and Bibury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Fosse Farmhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosse Farmhouse Chippenham
- Fosse Farmhouse Hotel Chippenham
- Fosse Farmhouse Castle Combe, England, UK