Mr W and I stayed here on a last minute Dinner B&B deal last week. The grounds are beautiful with an outdoor heated pool with towels available from reception and all the staff we met were polite and friendly.
Dinner (allocation of £35 pp to spend on the a la carte menu included in the deal) was really good, tasty, well presented with good sized portions. When we arrived some guests were having afternoon tea which looked splendid also! Breakfast was cooked to order and was fine, especially like the toast and freshly squeezed juices! Be aware though that there were still young children in the restaurant gone 9pm and although well behaved and didn't bother us, some might prefer a more child free environment.
Now the not so goods: We'd booked a Cosy room which was located in the coach house. The room was on the small size, not a problem though and the large bed was comfy with good linens. The tea tray had a good selection of teas and was replenished at turn down later that evening. There were only two tiny windows but the lighting in the room was really dim so couldn't even see to put make up on in the bedroom mirror and the bathroom mirror was still running with steam 1.5 hours after two quick morning showers despite leaving the door open. Also we heard every movement from the people upstairs who seemed to be running a constant marathon around their room until gone midnight and then again from 6am. This is not the hotel's fault but be aware that sound does carry in these coach house rooms if you're a light sleeper. Bathroom grouting could have been cleaner, the toilet seat was cracked and moved to the side when you sat on it.
Despite the above shortfalls we had a lovely stay and would undoubtedly return , just not to the Coach house rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning four AA Red Star country house hotel, near to Bath, Longleat, Lacock and Stonehenge. The outdoor heated pool is gorgeous in the summer, whilst in the winter open fires are as warm as the welcome. Enjoy the beautiful grounds, traditional afternoon tea, fine dining or a beauty treatment with natural 'Pure Fiji' products. Friendly yet professional staff complement this wonderful building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Beechfield House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beechfield House Hotel, Restaurant And Gardens
- Beechfield House Hotel, Restaurant & Gardens Hotel Beanacre
- Beechfield Hotel Beanacre