“Simply wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beanacre
London, United Kingdom
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I always try to be objective when writing reviews on TripAdvisor, being realistic about any negative points. But I really can't think of anything bad to say about Beechfield House!

Stayed for one night back in July with my partner, and we had the most fantastic stay. The welcome was warm and friendly, our room (on the first floor overlooking the pool) was spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished, spacious and very comfortable.

We headed straight for the pool on arrival and were extremely lucky to be able to have it to ourselves for 2 hours, then spent a while wandering around the extensive and beautiful grounds. Unfortunately the restaurant was full (we hadn't booked in advance) so instead we chose to eat from the bar menu and sat outside on the terrace by the pool until late; even so, the staff were friendly and chatty, yet professional and attentive throughout the evening and there was no sense of being hurried.

We had time for another swim before a plentiful breakfast - full English, with coffee and pastries - before reluctantly checking out.

Beechfield House is somewhere we can highly recommend, and are looking forward to returning to some time soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. Glad to hear all was enjoyed so much and look forward to welcoming you back hopefully not before too long.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a lovely, elegant hotel with delicious food and excellent wine, although it would have been nice to have "specials" to add variety. We left the children behind and came for a weekend, but we might bring them another time as they seem very child-friendly. I found the staff were particularly thoughtful, professional and pleasant and I had a wonderful massage as a treat. We used the place as a touring base and it worked very well. Cedar is a beautiful room (the views of the Victorian garden are amazing). I loved the pretty bathroom but the shower was quite hard to use particularly for someone who's had to take her glasses off, and there aren't any instructions; so I got drenched when I just wanted a bath. Also the towels are a bit small. I would definitely come again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your feedback and kind comments. We have since upgraded and renewed all our bathroom towels etc and put super luxurious bath sheets into our Country and Comfy rooms. We will shortly update our guest information with instructions on how to operate bath/shower controls in the appropriate bathrooms. We hope to see you return with the whole family next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a lovely afternoon in the pool and nice nights stay in the hotel this August. Staff were friendly, rooms were spacious. Pillows however were ridiculously thick! We ate off the bar menu and would chose to eat elsewhere is we visited in the future. Grounds were lovely with a relaxing atmosphere. Just felt that more could be made of the place. However would return and was a fair price.

• Stayed August 2013
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your posting and for the kind comments. We recently upgraded our pillows to luxurious 'five star' bolster pillows in our Comfy and Country rooms however we have alternatives so please ask for replacements when you return and we will be delighted to swap for you. Many thanks.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family were looking for a holiday for a few days in the school summer holidays in the area. Basically the price to stay in this wonderful hotel with breakfast for 3 nights with my husband and 3 boys was cheaper than staying in a 'family holiday park' in a caravan with no breakfast.
I admit I was a little apprehensive taking my 3 boisterous boys to such a lovely place. I needn't have worried. We were met with a lovely welcome, and the staff were nothing but kind and friendly throughout our stay. Especially Gail on reception who was very kind and lovely.
Our room was very spacious with 3 separate beds made up for our boys, as well as our very comfy bed. (one of the z beds was quite hard but ok once we put a fluffy blanket under the sheet) The hotel was clean, and homely on a grand scale without being too 'stuffy'. The pool was an added bonus which again the boys loved. Towels are provided at reception. The grounds were gorgeous and very well maintained and a great place to exert some energy.
We only ate at the hotel for breakfast which was lovely. Plenty of choice and we all ate well.
I would definitely return and recommend this family friendly hotel to anyone. Many thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your family holiday with us so much and that the pool was such a hit with your boys!
Chappaqua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel inside and out. The interior design has the perfect balance of traditional and contemporary and the grounds are as beautiful as they look in the photographs. We had a large luxurious room with very comfortable bedding. The hotel is kept meticulously and the staff is very professional. The WiFi is erratic at best and and often quite slow, but unless WiFi speed is at the top of your list I wouldn't let it deter you from staying here.The one disappointment was the pool. The pool area is really quite lovely, but unfortunately there are only, six or seven lounge chairs. My family was looking forward to relaxing poolside and the weather had cooperated with our timing at Beechfield Hotel. Unfortunately for us, the day we went to the pool there was a family of six holding all of the chairs but one. There are wooden chairs at either end of the pool, but that's not really as relaxing, or comfortable, after a swim. Adjacent to the pool there is a very nice area with tables and chairs around a fish filled fountain. My suggestion would be to eliminate the wooden furniture by the pool and find a way to add a number of additional lounge chairs. Overall, our stay here was positive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks you for your very positive review. We shall definitely take note of the constructive comments re sun loungers and now plan to double the number for the beginning of summer next year.
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Booked at last minute as decided the journey from Shropshire to Weymouth was too long with 2 little ones in the car. Lovely hotel had an amazing room that was more than big enough for all 4 of us. Despite cloudy weather the kids wanted to swim so the outdoor heated pool was used. Lovely evening food with good service. Would definitely come back and was great value as booked last minute and got a reduction.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your very positive comments. We are often used as a break off point for families travelling to the far West Country and I am so glad you found us and enjoyed using the facilities such as the outdoor heated (85F) pool. Please do come again when the sun is shining!
Bath
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

A friend was getting married in May and I originally booked a room, however my partner couldn't attend so I called a few weeks ahead to cancel. I was told on the phone that I'd lose my £50 deposit which I had already accepted and agreed to, I was told No further information. I went ahead to the wedding had a lovely day celebrating with friends and returned home that evening by taxi.A few days later I seen on my online banking I had been charged the extra money for the room, I called to dispute thinking it was a simple error I have had nothing but ignorance and poor service since. Several telephone calls and emails to different managers (who never seem to be there or never return your calls or emails) were made from the 28th May until now. I have literally been treated with such disregard and ignorance. I was told they had no record of my cancellation so therefore i had to pay full price which is very convenient for them. I was also told I had to cancel in writing (which I was never told when I called to cancel) I have been banging my head against a wall trying to actually speak to someone about this. My last email (which came about 8weeks after my first complaint) said they didn't wish to discuss the matter further end of basically.... What sort of a practise speak to people like that and flatly refuse to speak on the telephone to a customer even out of respect.

I have now had to accept I'm not going to get any further with this and they have me over a barrel, which infuriates me. The hotel itself is ok but the customer service should be top notch and in my experience its being run by complete incompetent 2nd rate staff who don't have a clue how to deal with people. And it's due to these staff why I've lost out on £80 for a room I never even stepped foot in.!!!
SHOCKING.!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
We were expecting this posting. Regrettably you could not comprehend that you had not adhered to our terms and conditions for your booking and bombarded us daily with phone calls and emails, wasting my team's time and compromising the service we could give to our genuine guests. Having carefully investigated your complaint, finding absolutely no evidence of your claims and then fully reported back to you I advised you that the matter was now closed. It is.

Been to Beechfield House? Share your experiences!