“Break up your travel to Cornwall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge

You added Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Midsummer Place | Solstice Park, Amesbury SP4 7SQ, England   |
Special Offer
Rooms from £49.00
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amesbury
Essex, England
“Break up your travel to Cornwall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I went to Cornwall during last month. Our travel time would have been in excess of 5 hours taking traffic into consideration so we pre-arranged a "stop over" night at the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable, food to die for, and cooked to perfection. We stayed during the "World Cup" and although not football enthusiasts ourselves, the atmosphere in the lounge was positively contagious. The staff we met were very friendly and helpful, in particular Jo on reception. We were amazed by her knowledge of local events and was able to make plans for a future stay with them whilst attending an event in the area. Most definitely 9/10

Room Tip: Search internet prices, this guarantees the best deal.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Sharon O,

I am delighted to read your lovely review of the hotel, I am pleased you were able to dine in the Solstice Bar & Grill Restaurant; this is certainly a hidden gem within the local community and I highly recommend all our guests dine with us to enjoy a fabulous home cooked meal.

I will pass on a very special thank you to Jo for her great contribution to your stay, I know when a guest remembers a particular individual they have certainly gone above the expectation to meet the guests request.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

8 of us were on a trip to Salisbury races for a birthday - very difficult to find anywhere not too pricey that everyone could afford and had vacancies .
Booked the travelodge which is very reasonably priced!
The staff were friendly and helpful from when we phoned to confirm and throughout the stay! Frances at reception was lovely .
The room was clean and basic and the bed very comfortable . The single bed was a little small. Bathroom with shower was fine. - though it made a lot of noise - vending machine in entrance handy for late night drinks and snacks and Burger King and little chef next door - as it's located by a services .
All in all - good value .

Stayed July 2014
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Please note this review relates to another hotel the guest visited. I encourage Trip Advisor to remove the review and allocate to our competitor hotel in Amesbury.

Hotel Directot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were greeted by friendly check in staff and the room was pleasant and clean enough, with a large comfortable bed.

It is approximately a ten minute minute drive to Stonehenge which was very convenient because we were able to have breakfast and leave early for Stonehenge.

The hotel is in a very convenient location and quite close to Salisbury which we visited during our stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear safya13,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel following your stay with us last September. I am delighted to read you had a great time and were able to get out and explore the many local attractions. We have been gifted with a great location which allows easy access to Stonehenge and the Medieval City of Salisbury.

I very much hope we are able to welcome you back at some stage in the near future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here in 4 rooms (7 Adults &1 Toddler), after visiting Longleat Safari Park. Rooms are very clean, nicely decorated & well equipped, tea/coffee making facilities, iron/ironing board, hairdryer, plenty of wardrobe space, nice bathrooms with double showers. Comfortable beds with Choice of pillows firm/soft. Travel cot provided. We ate in the Solstice Bar & Grill for our evening meal & although service was quite slow, the food was delicious and well worth the wait. We had breakfast included in our stay and that was the best hotel breakfast we have ever had. Very big choice, well presented & the cooked breakfast was of very good quality and very enjoyable. All the staff at this hotel are very friendly & efficient. All in all a very enjoyable stay!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Trace22_63,

Firstly thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge as your destination to bring the family; I am pleased to read you took advantage of our excellent package which includes entrance tickets to the beautiful Longleat House & Park.

Subjective on my behalf I have to agree that our Solstice Bar & Grill offers unbeatable quality in terms of our menu offering and quality of product. I note your comments about the slower than expected dinner service, however as everything is prepared fresh on busier nights our kitchen speed maybe not as quick as everyone expects in lieu of ensuring all our diners receive a good quality dish. Great to read your comments about breakfast; although biased agree you will have to go a long way to get a better breakfast than what we serve.

In addition to our Longleat Package we also have a Stonehenge package which offers equal value, I hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here en-route to a family get-together in Salisbury. There were lots of pros and cons to our stay but I would go back.
It is very easy to find on the A303 but it is a bit of a heart-sink moment when you turn into the retail estate and see the huge distribution centres and large building site. On the plus side there is a co-op, Harvester, Pizza Hut within walking distance which made for a very stressless stay.
You can't move for pictures of towering stones in this hotel (and why not!). It is really handy for Stone Henge, but please be warned, the short road to the site gets very busy and it took us loads longer to get there than we thought.
I wasn't bowled over by the executive room as it had curved walls. The shower was baffling to use, (little knob underneath got water through shower). I really didn't like the toilet. It seemed small and the flush only worked for as long as you held the button and I felt I never knew how long to push. On the other side there was no traffic noise and the bed was comfortable. The décor was very pleasant. The room was nice and cool.
Breakfast was very good, (nice bacon) but we didn't appreciate being put on a table for four and having a fifth chair pulled up. This was made worse by the fact that the bowls etc were not cleared from the table. The next day we got a bigger table.
There were only two tea-bags in the room which I was really irritated by but more supplies were eventually forth-coming.
On the whole I felt very comfortable at the hotel and the kids pointed out that I hadn't complained to the hotel once (!) so I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cheshirehousewife01,

Thank you for a great response, I note your many positives and areas we can improve on. As Stonehenge is so close we have used this truly unique global landmark as our feature to showcase local design and architecture.

I noted your comments about the Executive Rooms; our bathrooms are furnished with some very exclusive Italian white porcelain items, however I note that in some cases it takes a little more investigation to get them to work. I am pleased to read you took the opportunity to have breakfast with us and it is great to read so many positives about our breakfast product however I am sorry about the delay you experienced on the first day in getting your plates cleared. I must stress this is not the norm as our restaurant team are extremely efficient in servicing our guests needs.

I hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future for what I can assure you will be an equally enjoyable stay.

Blandford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We (six of us) stopped here on the off chance of beds for the night at about 2 o'clock in the morning. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful and soon sorted out 3 rooms for us, all of which were clean and spacious, with comfortable beds. The bathrooms were also good. I can't comment on the food as we left without having breakfast. Would definitely stay there again if I'm in that area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Terry O,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to highlight the hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent visit, I am delighted to hear the 6 of you were given a great welcome by our night team. The night brigade is often the forgotten part of the hotel as their duties are done whilst everyone is tucked up in bed.

I am sorry you did not have the opportunity to dine with us however I hope we can welcome you back in the near future and on your return visit I encourage you to try our Solstice Bar and Grill for the best breakfast in town.

Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel was overpriced for the quality of the rooms. We stayed two nights. Some of the staff were very friendly ... others not so welcoming. Beware as some of the rooms don't include breakfast. Don't think we will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear COwheels,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the overall value of our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!