“Very Close To Stonehenge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge

You added Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Midsummer Place | Solstice Park, Amesbury SP4 7SQ, England   |
Special Offer
Rooms from £49.00
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amesbury
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Very Close To Stonehenge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for 1 night at the Holiday Inn as we were picking up a cruise in Southampton the next day. The proximity to Stonehenge was very good, rooms very spacious and the hotel in general very good. Improvement could be made with breakfast and the restaurant & check-in area. Huge groups make it complicated/congested for couples to make their way and get a table in the restaurant. The desk staff were very helpful. Love the massive statue outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear JUPANDMUP,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor response, I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am very lucky to have such a welcoming and friendly team at the hotel and I am glad they made your stay so enjoyable. I have noted your comments about the congested zones in our public areas; during weekends in the summer months the hotel is busy with holiday makers and their families which can make for some tighter moments however this is only for limited times of the year. I hope you are having a great cruise and maybe we will be lucky enough to see you again on your return trip.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here on route from London to Cardiff as we wanted to go and see Stonehenge. Staff were friendly and had a laugh with them when we checked in. We booked an executive room, the room was so spacious, clean and relaxing. Comfy bed and great views from the massive wide windows. Bathroom was big and clean, cant fault the hotel.We did eat at the harvester that evening which is just a short walk from the hotel, there is also a KFC and Pizza Hut here as well as a co-op and petrol station. Breakfast there was plenty of choice from cereals, pastries and hot food and staff were friendly. Large dining area so breakfast was nice and quiet. Cannot fault this hotel we loved it.
Just be warned that traffic at weekends travelling to stonehenge can be backed up, it took us 30mins to get through to stonehenge which should of only been about 10mins,

Room Tip: Executive rooms are alot bigger and have very large windows and great views. Nice little sofa area t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Battygirl53,

Great to read such a lovely response, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be humorous and welcoming. We have a superb breakfast product and thank you for highlighting this. Our Executive Rooms have so much character for a new building and during the summer months make the ideal place to see a beautiful sunrise over the hills from the East.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future for what I am sure will be an equally enjoyable experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very little to say really, good location,clean rooms, breakfast was poor however, a poor choice with overcooked poor quality ingredients.
Stay here by all means but avoid breakfast
Other than that it is a typical chain hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Hatches69,

Thanks for your recent response, great to note your overall comments about the hotel, however I was disappointed to read your notes about breakfast. Unfortunately upon this occasion I can only assume you miss-timed your visit to the restaurant as our breakfast product is normally exceptional and one for which we have received high accolade for. We offer a great selection of hearty and healthy food all freshly prepared using the finest ingredients.

I hope you will be staying with us in the not too distant future and will try breakfast again whereby I can personally assure you a far better experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stopped over for 1 night on the way to Devon as it was so close to stone henge. Check in staff were great and although the room was smaller than most Holiday inns i have used (more the size I would expect with a express) it was very well finished and had a large sofa bed for the kids to sleep on. Some nice touches in the room including magazines and a well loaded tea tray with mints, a bar of chocolate and mineral water as well as the normal tea, coffee and milk. The restaurant had a great dinner early bird deal and kids ate free, the food was good with fast and attentive service. The breakfast buffet was good quality and had a nice selection for all. Check out was slightly busy with just one person on the desk and a long queue with no help in sight.

On another note the hotel is situated within walking distance of few other restaurants adding to its handy location

Overall a good stay and would use again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear ngeddie1602,

Thank you for your recent response, I am pleased you were able to dine in the restaurant and take advantage of our early bird menu which gives great value for money especially with the addition of the Kids Eat Free programme. I am delighted to say that our Early Bird offering will continue on Friday and Saturday nights throughout the year.

I respect your comments about the size of the bedrooms however I must stress our rooms are all designed with practicality in mind ensuring comfort in an air conditioned or well heated environment.

I really hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We've stayed here before and were very happy to do so again on a two-night stay.
Although it's located on a business park, this doesn't detract from the experience. It's a light and airy building. Rooms are compact but well-equipped and the facilities are clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is adequate parking, and a useful little Starbucks concession seems to serve until quite late.
This time we tried the restaurant for our evening meals.
If you're in a hurry this probably isn't the place for you because service was pretty slow by any standard (see other reviews).
Our meals on the Saturday were first-rate and well presented. However, the burgers we ordered on the Sunday night were very burnt. By this time my partner was too hungry to send hers back, but I asked for a different meal, which took a further 20 minutes and was just as disappointing. To be fair they did give us a reduction.............but we'd rather have had decent meals at the full price! Breakfast was fine and most enjoyable
We're still pleased to give give the hotel a good rating because of it's overall presentation; and value for money is about right I guess, because the hotel is always pretty full.
One minor point for the management chaps - it's no use going showing off by providing bathroom scales and then never replacing the batteries. It's a tiny little point of course but you must know it's the details that count?

Dear Countryman74,

Thank you for your recent review, it is great to welcome back a repeat guest based upon the merits of a previous visit. As a management team we openly encourage our colleagues to be welcoming and ensure the guest is given treasured experience.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your Saturday night dinner and breakfast was good, I am sorry for the burnt burger on Sunday, this issue has been shared with the kitchen brigade, I agree with your valued comments that you don’t mind paying the full price to receive a quality product.

Noted your comments about the batteries in the bathroom scales, I have requested to my head housekeeper to check these as the scales should always work.

I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back for a third time in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during my weekend trip to Salysbury. The hotel is not far from Stonehenge and is in a good distance to Salisbury’s attractions, such as Old Sarum Castle and Salisbury Cathedral.

However the hotel is in a road far away from the town. If you are using public transport, I think you will regret to stay there.

I have absolutely no complaints regarding the room. It is clean, comfortable, good size, modern and silent. The sleeping quality is very good! Also good is the reception. It takes only a minute to do the check in / check out. The hotel provides good parking for your car.

I don’t recommend the restaurant for dinner. The food was good, but the service is terrible. When I arrived asking for a table, the waiter asked me to go to the bar and have a drink while he would prepare a table for me, but I could see plenty of tables and waiters available. After 5 minutes the same waiter realized I was definitely not interested on waiting (for nothing) at the bar and invited me to go to the restaurant. In there, the waiters took a very, very long time to take the order. I was about to give up when someone came to me. Everytime I tried to order something, I had to struggle to have their attention. They are kind of forgetful as well because I had to ask 3 times for water. In the end, I think the problem is with the management of the service. The food is very good, but I can’t say the same of the service. Very close to the hotel you can find Pizza Hut, Costa Café, KFC and more. I will eat there or in Salisbury if I stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: No matter what room you will stay, don't go to the restaurant!
Dear Rafael P,

I am pleased you found our location to good, I note your comments about needing a car to get to Salisbury, for reference there is a local bus link but this is not suitable to every traveller’s requirements. Thank you for noting the quality of our bedrooms and the facilities in-house.

I am sorry you incurred a disappointing restaurant experience with us; as Hotel Director it saddens me to read your comments as the management team put a huge amount of energy and enthusiasm into the quality of our food and especially service. Your points have been shared at recent food & beverage meeting as it is vital we arrest any temporary shortcomings within our restaurant experience. Our Solstice Bar & Grill is very much a credit to the hotel and it is extremely disappointing when a guest has a poor experience. Although the wait was far from acceptable it is great to note the food was good.

I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stopped over for the night at this hotel en route to Devon. The staff are friendly and helpful. Check in went smoothly and our room was modern and clean. Was slightly dissapointed that there was no bath and only a shower cubicle, however, the room made up for it.
Was also disappointing that there was no pool or gym...
Sad to say that our experience at the restaurant was not that great. I had requested at check in for a table to be booked, however, this was not passed onto the restaurant. The waitress was polite and apologetic and did accommodate us, all though it seemed busy. We waited approximately 45 minutes for our meal, and when it did arrive, the order was incorrect. We had to wait another 15 min for it to be re done, and even then, it arrived minus a few ingredients mentioned on the menu.It was a busy night, perhaps the hotel should have made provisions, as they were all in house guests, therefore it should have been anticipated.
Otherwise, a good enough hotel for a stop over.
one word of caution, the wifi in the room is charged. There are no visible signs regarding this and I was surprised to be told that I was charged! The charge was refunded, which made me believe that this was expected!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tasneem69,

Thank you for updating a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge. A percentage of the hotel bedroom stock consists of bath & shower units, in keeping with our Green commitments and with people’s habits of preferring a shower to a bath the hotel was designed with this in mind.

I am sorry for the breakdown in communication concerning your restaurant booking; from my prospective this is not acceptable and I understand your frustration. We had a particular challenging night during August where by service did not go to plan and from reading your response I believe you dined with us on this occasion. Following this incident as a management team we undertook a detailed review to underpin there was no repeat occurrence.

I hope in future years on your travels to the South West you will stay with us again and give the restaurant another go where by I can certainly assure you a more personalised dining experience.

Marc Solarz

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!