“A Great Hotel Maybe A Bit Pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge

You added Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Midsummer Place | Solstice Park, Amesbury SP4 7SQ, England   |
Special Offer
Rooms from £49.00
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amesbury
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A Great Hotel Maybe A Bit Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed for the Sunday night 9 June. After travelling most of the day, its location just by the A303 was ideal. Being so close, it was likely to suffer traffic noise. The windows in my room didnt open, so I could'nt test the sound. With them closed there very faint sound. My room was 104 on the corner. This has a slightly strange L shaped curve to it, with a large bathroom with a very deep bath & shower over it. The room was very modern & clean looking. The only down side for me was the slightly older style Philps LCD TV on the wall. The sound quality was poor and not a massive choice of channel. I paid £89 for my night which was a bit pricey, as I've had similar rooms elsewhere for less. If in the area again I would concider staying again, depending on price !.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Sharla82,

Thank you for your response following your stay on the 9th June it was interesting to read your take on the room. Room 104 is an East facing room, on waking up hopefully you should have experienced a beautiful sun rise over the majestic Salisbury Plan. Reference pricing it is well worth keeping a close eye on our rates and purchasing an advance purchase option which often saves you money on the best available rate. I do hope you will consider us again on your next visit to the area and try our restaurant for either Dinner or Breakfast I am confident you will have an enjoyable experience at a perceived valued rate.

Best wishes

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough. Been there twice now, and each time is was excellent. Nothing to fault. Food and service great. Great menu and comprehensive wine list. The view from the dining area spectacular. Plenty of secure parking, toilets sparkling clean and complimentary papers. Will be going back for sure.

Room Tip: Just stopped for a meal, but if the other services are half as good. 10 Star.
Dear Tony Tobias

I am delighted to read your recent post, I can truly see from the enthusiasm and language you have used my team have delivered you an exceptional experience. We have a great kitchen and restaurant team who have a passion to ensure each guest receives a unique memorable experience. I very much hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Edenbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn at Solstice Park to break up a long journey from Kent to Cornwall. We paid £62.00 for the room (exc. breakfast) on a pre-paid rate.
We arrived pretty late, and were looking for a warm welcome, a comfortable room and a nice breakfast. We got all of these things.
Externally, the hotel looks modern and impressive. The reception area continued the theme, and the receptionist (I think she's called Claire) was so friendly and helpful. All of this set us in a positive frame of mind for the rest of our stay.
Our room was comfortable. We got a great night's sleep, and this despite being near a busy road - the windows provide very good noise-proofing and the air-conditioner was effective and not too noisy. The shower was superb - spacious and powerful.
We paid at check-in for breakfast, which I believe was around £10 each (the price goes up if you just pitch-up in the morning). I don't think there is a continental or light breakfast option (we weren't offered one), so we would have been reluctant to eat there had we not been up for a big breakfast.
Would definitely stay there again if the need arose.

Dear Kentowl,

Thank you for your recent excellent response, the hotel makes the perfect stopover point on a drive from Kent to Cornwall. I note you took advantage of our weekend advanced purchase rate, by pre-paying for your room this is an excellent way of saving money on our best available rates. Although biased I must say we serve a truly mouth-watering breakfast which certainly allows you to fill up if you are hungry. I hope you had a good trip down to Cornwall and if you were ever to repeat this journey we will be delighted to welcome you back.

Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Set at the end of a small business park the building looks modern with clean lines and a spacious feel. The rooms are functional, well-furnished and comfortable. Service, both at reception and in the restaurant, is good and the food quite a surprise. The restaurant was very busy and reflects the quality of the food and the reasonable prices. Breakfast was reasonable with plenty to choose from.

Dear Dexx,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, it is great to see you experienced and enjoyed all facets of the hotel. We have a great kitchen brigade who consistently deliver a superb standard of home cooked dishes catering to many different tastes. The hotel was recently awarded an AA rosette in lieu of the quality of food and service provided; your comments are testimony to the ethos we have created.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We used this as a base for exploring historic Salisbury and Stonehenge, which were both a conveniently short drive away. The hotel is modern and clean with friendly staff--and well worth the $85 CDN we paid through Hotwire. The Tesco nearby was a great place to stock up on provisions. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 459MelissaL,

It is great to read such positive comments following your recent stay. The hotel makes the perfect base to explore both Salisbury and Stonehenge in addition provides great access to the national road network. I hope you will return to Wiltshire on your next visit to the UK as there is so much more to see locally including Longleat, Bath and the beautiful rolling Salisbury Plan.

I hope you had a safe and relaxing journey back to Canada.

Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I use this hotel at least once per month owing to my regular professional commitments in the area. I have been staying here since 2009. The rooms are clean, the staff are courteous and the ambience very restful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear MackandMabel,

Thank you for such an encouraging warming response following your numerous recent visits. As hotel General Manager I will be delighted to have a drink with you on your next visit: please ask my receptionist to call me and it will be my pleasure to say hello. I very much appreciate your commitment to the hotel over the past 4 years and look forward to welcoming you shortly.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We paid £130 for dinner, bed, breakfast and two tickets for Stonehenge which I think is excellent value especially as a travelodge down the road was £80 room only on the same night.

Room was decorated well, we had walk in shower (no bath), were able to check in early and as we're priority members we were given a voucher for a free movie and complimentary late check out till 2pm!

The food was fair, nothing gourmet but preferable to the harvester, KFC and Pizza Hut on the same complex. The coop next door was handy for snacks and drinks.

Contrary to some earlier reviews our air con worked a treat. We have no complaints at all about the hotel and the staff were all professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend and return if back in area.

• Stayed June 2013
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear nottsscottslass,

Thank you for your very warm response, I am delighted to read you had a good stay. Thank you for highlighting a positive about our air-conditioning, I must stress it works well however as with a many a/c units it has a delayed reaction to when a guest presses a button, this is where the confusion often occurs.

Our Solstice Bar & Grill offers excellent homemade delights which hopefully cater to many different appetites. We were recently awarded an AA rosette in response to the quality of our menu and the professionalism of our team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, hopefully on a hot night so you can benefit from our air conditioning.

Best wishes

Hotel Director

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!