“Revolting” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Little Chef - Countess Services A303
“Revolting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stopped here on way home from Devon with family, cannot recall having such bad food as this anywhere else. Ordered two cappucinos - they were basically cold milk, coffee had been missed altogether. Staff advised they had no orange juice but confirmed they definitely had apple juice - some time later two J20 apple and mango appeared and we were told "that's the nearest they had to apple" Surely it's usual to check with the customer before changing the drink order!

The food was so appalling and consisted of two kids meals - cold macaroni cheese in a very small dish. Two sandwiches with limp salad drenched in some form of dressing - no cutlery provided or napkins with these and the final effort was a hot dog in a stale roll with a third of the roll missing - perhaps this part was not fit to be served? with cold part cooked chips. None of this was edible, the staff were completely clueless and didn't seem to know what they were doing.

Thought this chain was supposed to be improved quite honestly it couldn't get any worse. Total waste of money - avoid at all costs!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“New Menu: Awful Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We visited as we were staying at the Amesbury Travelodge nextdoor. I wouldn't usually bother with Little Chef as it harks back to my childhood when we used to go on family holidays and I never remember the food being much more than typical greasy spoon fare. The mel we had here was worse than these memories. Me and my three companions ordered various items from a large menu which staff members told us was 'a new menu, only launched today!" I ordered macaroni cheese with garlic bread. This came with what was called a salad, but was actually the most stingy portion of about two leaves of lettuce i've ever seen. The pasta dish itself had a bad aftertaste and I couldn't bring myself to finish it, nasty stuff. My friends ordered pancakes and these were greasy and hard. The garlic bread I had with my meal was obviously a frozen stick and was still cold in the middle. Overall the experience was one which has switched me off visiting Little Chef. If this is a new menu, I'd hate to see what the old one was like! Avoid.

Visited July 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“just dont...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

i had to stop here against my own will, as my partner was hungry.

decent quality food, but an utter ripoff.

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great service but the worse latte of my life!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wanted to try this place as its one of the new Little Chefs & Id seen the tv show about the change they went though. This place has the sky ceiling & the bird song loos but it lacked atmosphere.
We had breakfast, my breakfast partner had a granola which was acceptable & I had scambled eggs, toast, beans & fried potatoes. My only critism of my feast was the fried pots were served in a cup & it was a huge portion, I thought it would be a normal side like the beans.
I ordered a latte & what I was served was a mug of hot light brown milk with no coffee taste, I only managed a few sips, I would have had a caffitiere of coffee but I refuse to pay an outrageous £2.90! I think the latte was produced with instant coffee so be warned.
I would also say that they charging at the very top end of what they can get away with eg. £6.50 for an omlette breakfast (omlette toast & beans).
The service was amazing though, a very confident man greeted us & was very friendly and helpful & the rest of the staff seemed to follow his lead & it was a slick operation.
Love the lolly!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Little Chef Amesbury”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

One had egg, chips and ham. Ham was cheap compressed stuff, eggs good, chips good. The other had sausages, Yorks Pudding and mash. Quite good. But we were hungry. Staff very good. Little Chef isn't much at the best of times, and this was as good as it gets.

Visited June 2012