“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was a business stop over on one of the hottest days of the year. The staff were friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. I sat outside overlooking the fabulous gardens relaxing with a drink and book. The food was excellent and I slept very well in a fabulously comfortable, cool room. I would recommend Wentbridge House without hesitation and I when I am up on business again this will certainly be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at Wentbridge with my wife as a birthday treat last week. I knew it was going to be good before we even got there from reading the reviews, but it was even better than I had expected. We stayed in a junior suite in the new part of the hotel overlooking the gardens. The room was very large, with a huge bed, big bathroom and to my delight (given the hot weather) air-conditioning. We dined in brasserie and the food was first class. For me though the most impressive things were the little touches that might go unnoticed by some like being given a refreshing complimentary drink on arrival, the radio being already turned on in our room and a complimentary bottle of spa water on departure for our journey home. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We use Wentbridge House to accommodate and entertain our clients and for personal use on a regular basis and it never fails to impress. The staff provide a friendly and efficient service, the rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, the food is always excellent. We are long time fans and look forward to using this hotel regularly in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My friend treat me to champagne afternoon tea for my birthday and what a treat it was. I have had afternoon tea at many a place recently and this was by far the most outstanding. It was a scorching hot day so we sat under a sun parasol in the courtyard and there we were tended to by various members of staff; the receptionist showed us to the courtyard, a waitress brought us iced water, followed by a waiter who set out table and handed me a birthday card (nice touch) then another waiter brought our champagne and cake stand with sandwiches and cakes. All this whilst a wedding was going on in another part of the hotel, I was very impressed to say the least as I thought all their attention would be focused on the wedding. Then, we were checked on several times out of curtesy, brought more tea, more iced water and then a plate with "happy birthday" written in sauce with some handmade chocolates - yet another nice touch! All in all, a lovely treat, stunning surroundings and probably the most polite and attentive staff I have ever come across. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had our amazing wedding day at Wentbridge on 24th May 2013. It was incredible. The hotel is gorgeous, the food was lovely, and the staff are amazing!! We couldn't have wished for a more perfect day. Nicola was amazing throughout the whole process. And everything that we asked for down to the smallest detail was done. The staff on the day were so professional and couldn't do enough for anyone. All our guests commented on how lovely all the staff were, how good the food was and how much they enjoyed the day. We were literally blown away by how amazing everyone at Wentbridge was. The speeches ran right into the evening reception (way over schedule) and although the hotel staff may have been stressed about it, they didn't show it at all. Our master of ceremonies was brilliant, so calm and polite, when the speeches ran over we apologized to him and he said 'Its no problem at all we can just push your buffet up half an hour later' we even got special deserts with our names and a congratulations on written in sauce (sounds tacky but it really wasn't) just little details like this made our day even more special. We are so glad we chose Wentbridge as our wedding venue, even though it rained most of the day nobody noticed as we had such an amazing time inside, as there was more than enough space for all our guests to be comfortable and not cramped (we had 86 guests at the day)

Thank you a million times over to all of you at Wentbridge who were there on our wedding day.

If you are looking for a wedding venue, this is the place!!

Mr & Mrs Walker-Porter x x x

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brigg, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have just stayed at the Wentbridge for a family wedding. It was lovely from start to finish. The staff were very polite and efficient.We stayed in the courtyard area which is ideal if you have young children as its just off where the wedding venue is held, so its easy to nip back for anything. The room was very spacious, clean comfortable, and it had everything you would need. I did however have to move the hospitality tray out of the reach of the children as it had sweets crisps chocolate on it but it was very pricey!!!! The food we had for the wedding breakfast was lovely, i couldn't fault it at all, and they were catering for 100 people and everyone loved it. For breakfast there was plenty to choose from for a continental breakfast, and then a wide choice for a cooked breakfast, we did find the staff for breakfast a little slow, even though there wasn't many in for breakfast when we were there, i know another family with us had to ask for there breakfast 3 times and waited a good 40 minutes. Don't have poached eggs!!! They were cooked in vinegar water and just tasted of vinegar eeurgh. But overall it is a fantastic venue for any celebration.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are ideal for familes. There are only 3 though.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Impressive place, lovely ambiance and the staff seemed very attentive. What's more is that there were plenty of them in the restaurant when I called in for a light meal. The Wentbridge Fishcakes were available as a starter or a maincourse ( at around twice the price of the starter) so I ordered the latter. What eventually arrived were two small fishcakes, with coleslaw hiding underneath, that would fit into the palm of a small hand. I queried if this was the starter and not the main course. Several minutes later the affable restaurant manager appeared and confirmed that it was, indeed the main. Did I want a side dish or some bread with it? The tea I ordered to accompany the meal arrived 15 minutes after the meal.I asked for the bill after my fast although tasty 'main'. The bill finally arrived and I had been charged for the starter meal version. I did point this out and, again after waiting some time, paid the corrected bill. I did not stay here and I stopped for a small meal on impulse. But, although what I had was tasty and well presented, it was bad value, obviously misrepresented on the menu, service was slow and communication among (the many staff) was poor indicating bad management.A 'none-starter'!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Wentbridge House? Share your experiences!