“BLOOMING GOOD FOOD” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“BLOOMING GOOD FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I treated my mum to Sunday lunch on a recent visit on the spur of the moment. I was so pleased I did. We had been buying plants and the coffee we went for became a delicious carvery meal. The joints of beef, pork and gammon were accompanied by a choice of 6 fresh vegetables, perfectly cooked, two types of potato and home made massive Yorkshire puddings.The menu states that all food is locally sourced and very fresh - it certainly tasted like it! The meat is carved freshly onto your plate and you then help yourself to as many vegetables as you like plus gravy and sauces. Excellent value at two for £13.99. The menu for other days and meals also sounds delicious and I am sure we will venture back, perhaps to sample the afternoon tea. The restaurant could definitely survive independently and the Garden Centre is lucky to have such an attraction and crowd pleaser.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Wakefield
“Mum's Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just been to Whiteley's for high tea and would like to say the service and staff were great. The food was stop on and would go back again. They made my mum's birthday very special.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax
“Great food, Garden Centre poor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was there Last Thursday....poor weather so we needed somewhere indoors.... Restaurant was busy (but we didn't have to wait) it was clean and tidy and the staff were all really friendly and welcoming. The choices of hot/ cold food were excellent for a garden centre and to be honest the food as well above the standard that I would have expected. In fact to be honest it was impressive. Prices were reasonable and portion sizes above average. In addition, whilst it was a garden centre and not restaurant the eating area was well above garden centre standard.... One point though is that although the restaurant section as above standard - I was not at all impressed with the actual garden centre... The indoor plants were too few in fact we almost missed them and the outdoor plants were below standard and bedding plants were on the high cost end - to be honest I believe you could get them cheaper at ASDA or TESCO

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Yorkshire
“Great Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Came here with my hubby on a whim but so glad we did. We had a browse round the garden centre and then had the 'afternoon tea' for two for £11.99. This included egg mayonnaise and tuna mayo sandwiches, two pieces of lemon cake, chocolate cake and scones (home made and still warm) with jam, clotted cream and strawberries and a choice of coffee or tea all served on a cake stand . We were so full that we took a 'doggy bag' home so it was definitely worth the money, especially with the staff being so pleasant too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mirfield, West Yorkshire UK
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food in this cafe is just first rate with a great selection and good prices. Their salad bar is really good as I like to be able to pick what I want. At times it can be very full but if you avoid the busiest times and go for lunch a little later things get better. This cafe is a welcome break from looking around the garden centre. I would recommend a visit.

Visited February 2013