“Superb food and nice atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leeds Road, Liversedge WF15 6JA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liversedge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
worldwide Brits
“Superb food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had the 6 course tasting menu on Saturday evening. There was a warm welcome on arrival and we were seated in the bar whilst we read the menu. We were shown to our table quite quickly and it was not long before the feast began. Great food. We were surprised by the high standard of it. The waiting staff were very good, appeared to be well trained but not unnecessarily formal. We will definitely be going again to try the standard menu which looks much better than more well known restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had our wedding at healds hall on Saturday 3rd May and the service and staff were exceptional from our first visit a year ago to when we left on sunday morning. It's a beautiful place,the food was fantastic and all the staff from the girls on reception to phil the manager couldn't have done enough for us. I highly recommend it for any occasion, see you on our first anniversary!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

we visited Healds Hall Hotel for a birthday meal a few days ago and were very impressed with the service and the quality of the food. we have booked in June to celebrate our golden wedding and we look forward to this very much.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We just needed a quick overnight stop and selected this hotel for its location. We were very pleased with our choice, the room was extremely clean, staff were friendly and the restaurant was excellent. We would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel itself stands in a very pleasant setting in its own grounds. On first impression the hotel seems to be very well appointed and modern inside if the bar and restaurant are anything to go by. Access to my room, on the second floor, was via the restaurant – however I don’t think that applies to all rooms. Obviously the property has a history and many features have been kept which is great to see – all very promising thus far. However the room proved to be a disappointment – quite small for a double but being on my own that was OK. The decor however, was very tired and dated complete with blown vinyl wallpaper and tapestry style curtains and bed covers. Little things in the hotel seem to be overlooked – in my room the toilet roll holder wasn’t attached properly, no hook on the bathroom door, a bulb that had blown on a lamp. It's such a pity – bulbs don’t match in the light fittings as you go down the stairs, internet doesn’t always work. On the latter, the router was outside my room but I couldn't connect – it would connect down the hall but went off when I got to my room. Are there any plusses? Yes there are. The food in the restaurant is excellent, the breakfast of locally sourced ingredients is fresh and extremely good which coupled with lovely friendly staff makes you feel very welcome. I will probably review the restaurant separately. Would I stay again – yes I would but the hotel needs to invest in its rooms – that said whether all the rooms are as tired as mine I can't say. A mixed review with the internet access being the most frustrating.
Overall my rating is 3* for the accommodation but 4* for the excellent food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Redruth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was the second time that I have stayed at this hote and It does not disappoint. The staff are very friendly and always willing to be of help. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere, the rooms are very clean and comfortable and the bed is one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in. Tea/Coffee/Hot choc and biscuits are in the room and the usual toiletries. The shower is brilliant, (a must for me in any hotel). The inclusive breakfast in very comprehensive and the cooked to order full breakfast is truly delicious and made with very high quality local produce.
I cannot fault this hotel and would most definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 103 which had a lovely view of the garden and had the morning sun. Also just up the s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

As someone who generally has a tight budget, I'm used to being disappointed about hotel stays. My recent overnight stay at Healds Hall was a real exception though.
The staff were friendly and took time out to help, including showing me up to my room.

Having stayed in places called 'Hall' before I expected something creaking and old, with threadbare carpets. From what I saw it is quite a classy hotel. The furniture and décor in my room were quality and solid, and everything was clean.

Only having electric heaters in the room was a bit awkward as it was chilly when I arrived and then ended up too hot in the night as I'd set the wrong thermostat.
I had a decent, comfy, expensive feeling bed, and wasn't bothered my noise from other guests. This might have been because the hotel wasn't busy, but the walls seemed solid too.

The range at the breakfast buffet didn't go overboard, with just the basics like cereal and juice being freely available. The rest is ordered. For the price, that sounds fair enough though, and it was hot, fresh and tasty.

I now know where I should stay if I need a room in the area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Healds Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!