“Credit to Ilkley” 5 of 5 stars

01943 602030
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Relaxed and informal, with a high standard and quality of food and service. Everything is made fresh everyday. With an owner head chef the food is always of an excellent standard. We take pride in making your visit to us enjoyable, whether is a special celebration of simply out for tea taking advantage of our great Early Bird menu.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Credit to Ilkley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Been to the Farsyde restaurant so many times.And we never tire of the place. Stunning food,great service and fab staff. Fab choice on the menu and we actually try food and veg we would never normally try. Ilkley is one lucky town to have such a lovely restaurant. ;0)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Our favourite restaurant, consistently faultless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I have never written a review on here or felt it necessary to and this is likely to be the one and only! This restaurant is fantastic and we are so lucky that it is right on our doorstep. We are real food lovers and have travelled the world in search of great food but really nothing beats the value and quality of this place. The only suggestion we have is for a taster menu because we can never choose from the menu! The service is great, the wine is fantastic and very good value. Save room for a desert because they are divine! Ilkley has a reputation for being pretentious but this place is all about the food and the atmosphere which to us is most important, it beats the other restaurants hands down. Our friends and family love it here too and we can't wait to go back!

ilkley
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We haven't eaten at the Farsyde for a couple of years, and on Saturday we returned with no in trepidation at all, from the warm sincere greeting, through the honest and helpfull decision on the wine, encompassed with the faultless and professional service, to the wonderful vibrant and exquisite food chosen we questioned why we hadn't been for so long,
IF , I had to find a fault I would possibly say the decor looks tired,it's immaculately kept, just not as flamboyant or modern as some of the local rivals, but possibly that's harsh, the Farsyde doesn't set out to be chique or trendy,it just does what a top restaurant should do, serve stunning food , and serves it well,
You will have to search hard to find a better meal, very hard

Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Great food, shame about the seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at The Farsyde a couple of times and each time we have found the food and the service excellent. However, our only negative comment is about the number of tables, which is too high.

I know that restaurants have to maximise covers each night, but for me personally, I don't like to feel crowded when in a restaurant, and I don't like the fact that I could hear the conversation of the people next to me better than I can hear what the wife is saying to me. This, to a degree, spoilt the evening given that we don't get the chance to go out on our own very often.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Consistantly great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Farsyde 3 times over as many years and have had a very enjoyable dining experience every time. Fabulous food from a varied menu and the manageress was very obliging recommending wines and side dishes. It is so refreshing to be served by someone who has an genuine knowledge of the menu and able to advise whilst clearly enjoying the job! Very welcoming and I would recommend to all!