“Wow what a great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Wow what a great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I was walking past earlier with my son whi is two years old and decided to give this restaurant a try as we only live round the corner. I had a starter and a main course & My son had a pizza off the childrens menu along with pure orange juice & ice cream for desert. The food was delicious and the portions were larger than expected. In total our bill was under £15! well i nearlly fell of my chair. what a bargain for such wonderful food & a great service. If the bill was £40 i would have paid. Cannot wait to go next week :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ilkley
“At Last A Good Independant Italian In Ilkley!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I went on Friday lunchtime very friendly and helpful service. An open kitchen which is always a good sign. The lunch menu at £9.95 for 2 courses excellent value. My risotto and my husband meat balls vey tasty. we will go back one everning.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant last week and I simply can not express my joy at finding such a good quality, great value restaurant, Both my partner and I had beautiful food cooked to perfection (all three courses).

The service was friendly and relaxed - we did not wait for anything but also were not harassed. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience that I would recommend to anyone wishing to experience great food in a relaxed atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Italian visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited the Vine Restaurant just for taste something different. The restaurant is small and very simple, natural, it has opened kitchen, customers can see inside to the kitchen area. The staff is very nice, they have lovely accent. I felt as if i would be in abroad:) and i liked it. The menu is simple and percpicuous there are only a few dishes (soup and ravioli)what we should ask for the daily one. They serve bread and balsamic oil automatically before your starter. We ordered Carpaccio for starter,/for share/ and our mains: Beef Lasagne and italian spicy sausage gnocchetti vine paste. Both were tasteful, delicious, typical italian dishes accompanied italian red wine, we enjoyed it.
Some negatives:
They dont sell draught lagers, either cider, only bottled italian beers available.
There are not salt and pepper on the table, your server ask if you need fresh ground black pepper or parmesan but only to your main courses.
thanks for this dinner:)

Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not up to Yorkshire Post review standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

An early evening visit on 10th April 2013 for a birthday meal resulted in disappointment. Dishes ordered from the a la carte menu, fritto misto and escalope of veal valdostana, were presented lukewarm in the first instance and stone cold in the second. The batter to the calamari was soft; the whitebait were crisp but cold. A tomato and mozarella salad and a lasagne were acceptable whilst a pizza margherita looked uninspired. Our attention was not drawn to the need to order vegetables separately at additional cost. The wines by the glass were however excellent. We did not linger for a desert. On this showing and if a second chance is deserved perhaps better to venture there before 6pm and eat off a 2 dishes for £9.95 midday till 6pm menu, in the hope that the chef's attention to his a la carte menu will improve over time.

• 3 of 5 stars Food