“Beautiful food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was an ad-hoc visit before an evening performance at Kings Hall.

It was very quiet on a Tuesday evening and we were offered some set menus. We weren't convinced that they saved you any money though as £13 for two courses didn't seem that cheap. Mains are around the £9/10 mark, and starters are around the £5/6 mark. So the set menu does save you a bit of money, but at full price I would say the starters and mains were a little bit expensive.

The service, though, was excellent. They were attentive but managed never to be intrusive. They were all very calm, efficient and quietly spoken and it was quite soothing and relaxing because of this. They brought us prawn crackers whilst they were preparing the starter, which were lovely. I've only ever had the white ones before but they also brought us some brown ones that were a different taste and texture.

My aunt had the tempura vegetable starter and there was quite a lot of it. I had chicken satay, which was 3 skewers of chicken with a generous amount of peanut sauce - yummy! Then for mains my aunt paid an extra £2 to have prawn sweet and sour (only chicken, beef or pork were included in the standard price) and I had a Chicken Massaman curry which was absolutely divine. Rice was included in the meal deal.

We had a tea/coffee before leaving, which again was not rushed. The total bill came to £33 including 2 glasses of coke. I was pleasantly surprised with the final bill as I'd been expecting it to be higher.

The only observation was that the number of set menus got a bit confusing. There were 2 set menus as well as the ordinary one, so it took us a while to work out what was the best value. But otherwise, it was a lovely meal and I would recommend it.

• Visited April 2013

Ilkley
“Local Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Called in 'on spec' sunday night - Mother's Day. Had a wonderful freshly cooked meal served by two delightful ladies. The resaturant was refurbished in a modern Thai style 4 months ago so all was warm fresh and clean. The staff couldn't do enough to ensure we had a lovely time even boxing up the leftover to bring home- highly recommend this lovely restaurant and will certainly go back

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good all round experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

When for a meal on a Saturday night and found Siam Square to be a lovely place to go for a meal. The staff where wonderful and couldn't do enough to ensure we were comfortable (but not annoyingly over attentive). The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced.
It was a little quiet in the restaurant. I would hope to see it busier, because I think it deserves to be.

Would recommend.

West Yorkshire
“Fantastic Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited on a Saturday evening , service was swift and staff were lovely and freindly, Myself and my husband are both Vegetarian, there was plenty of choice on the menu for us , we did however ask if they could do veggie versions of some of the curries on the meat section of the menu. The waitress was really helpful and the chef made us tofu versions of the curries we asked for and I have to say they were he best Thai curries I have had for years and served piping hot, the starters were delicious too.Reasonable price too will definately visit again, not sure if some of the poor reviews were prior to recent renovation ? if new management certainly doesn't sound like the same place .

• Visited December 2012
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Great take away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Only ever stopped for a take away as I pass through Ilkley but a favourite with the family. Very welcoming, good food. Not the cheapest (but Thai rarely is). Will be back again and again.

• Visited February 2013