“Very friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Ilkley B&B and Inns
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Very friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in the very cold late March. On arrival we were welcomed very warmly and shown to our room, which was bigger and more comfortable than we had expected. We particularly liked the decent sized chairs in which I could sit to watch TV. The hotel has a lively bar, which attracts both hotel guests and locals. On our first night there was a local darts match and the second night they showed a football match on the projection TV. We found the location of the hotel excellent for walking into the town centre.

We ate in the hotel both nights and thoroughly enjoyed the good hearty food that was well presented. Similarly the breakfasts were delicious and set us up for the day. Both the food and drinks we ordered were in our opinion very good value for money and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Although the bar wasn't too noisey rooms at the front of the hotel will be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here the night before we started walking the Dales Way in March 2013. It was the perfect location for this. The room was big and comfy and lovely and warm (especially considering the amount of snow outside) and the breakfast hearty enough to send us on our way the next morning. We also had an evening meal here which was fairly basic but excellent value for money, would defiantly recommend for any walkers planning a night in Ilkley before starting the Dales Way.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had a two night stay here 22/23 March in the wildest winter weather we've seen for years. Should have been walking the Moor all day Saturday but the weather limited that to a couple of hours. The good food, the real ale, the cosy bar, the really warm, comfortable rooms and the friendly atmosphere made up for that. Location by the river and the huge public park, as well as only ten minutes walk from the attractive town centre, make this an ideal location for a short stay.
We shall return.
The Morrisons.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bridlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay. We arrived after a cold snowy journey, to a lovely warm welcome. The staff were very friendly and our room was lovely and warm. The food was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. The roaring log fire and real ales were an added bonus. Will definitely return again.

Wirksworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

On arrival we were greeted warmly and shown to our room by one of the helpful and very friendly staff. Our room was roomy and clean with a comfortable bed. The shower room was very clean with accessories provided in dispensers - mush more economic and easier to use than those small bottles. The beer was good and the food was good (although we would have liked it served on warm plates). The hotel is in a good location - close to town centre, but also on the edge of the beautiful countryside. The bill on leaving was clear and itemised. I would find no difficulty in recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I needed a hotel last minute, searching found the usual premier inn, holiday inn etc. nothing wrong with these but they are a bit dull.. I found this hotel and thought. Reasonable price, bar and restaurant. Give it a go. On arrival there was plenty of space to park I walked around to the bar to get a drink and was able to get my room key (as it happens you need to do this anyway) I was shown up to my room.11 on the top floor and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the large room I was given. I have to base this review completely against the price I paid £50 b&b and for the money great value, TV, tea coffee, ensuite, free wifi comfy bed great view and full breakfast.. I used the bar most of the evening and enjoyed sampling some of the guest beers as well as choosing from the bar menu which I thought was great value £6:50 for my meal (fish and chips etc)
Only 1 point I didn't like was the soap, and shower gel was in dispensers screwed to the wall (bit too much like being at work for me)
Overall great room, great atmosphere, great food, great staff. You have to remember the price you paid for the service you received and I'm my book this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Hull UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here with a groupon deal and I was pleasantly surprised. We had a lovely room with a comfortable bed. We ate there both nights & I thought the food was good pub fare & would recommend the fish & chips. There were a couple of really nice real ales available & a roaring log fire. Enjoyed the breakfast but sadly missed out on the second morning as we left early because of the snow.The location by the river within a hundred yards of the start of the Dales Way is excellent .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ilkley Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!