“Lovely shop” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: With three floors crammed full of Antiques and Collectables we're almost certain that you will find that special something you're looking for. Dozens of dealers have come together here under one roof to delight and amaze you with Curios, Collectables, Jewellery, Furniture, Glass etc. - In short, all the best the Antiques Trade has to offer. Follow in the foot steps of BBC Road Trip's Experts such as Anita Manning, Charles Hanson, James Braxton, to name but a few and the Celebrity Contestants Anton Du Beke and Arlene Phillips. We're situated in the beating Heart of Calderdale, the thriving and picturesque Town of Hebden Bridge, a town resurrected after decades of neglect and now a firm favourite in West Yorkshire for visitors from all over the world OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK from 10.30Am to 4.30Pm
Widnes, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Lovely shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a great Antique shop, loads of thing from cheep to expensive, you can browse at your leisure. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013
Patricia B, Manager at Hebden Bridge Antiques Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review we hope to see you again sometime at Hebden Bridge antique centre

Preston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“I am in Love with this Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is the best antique shop i have ever been to. Three levels packed full of lots of interesting antiques, like visiting a museum. The prices were very very good. Our only regret was that we couldn't carry as much as we wanted to buy. Staff was very helpful and friendly and even put our backpacks behind the counter. I didn't barter because the prices were already low and more than fair, but I did over hear another customer doing so and the lady serving him seemed very easy and respectful to negotiate with. We are planning on another trip back, but this time by car so we can buy more!

Visited August 2013
Patricia B, Manager at Hebden Bridge Antiques Centre, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your positive comments about our shop. We hope to see you again soon. You will always find us open each and every day and plenty of new old stock coming in every week.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Best Shop in Hebden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love the place, and can spend hours wandering around there looking at all the curios. Loads of stuff from cheap trinkets to high end antiques. Def worth a visit if you are passing through.

uk
7 attraction reviews
“Lovely items but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Found many empty cabinets and "areas" had to wait a while to be served whilst the owner had a conversation with a dealer on who earns the most at a local auction....

Seems a shame that I've listed many negatives when the place it's self has potential.

They need a lot more variety in dealers.... We found a lot of glass and jewellery!

Sorry for low marks.... Maybe an off day?

Visited August 2013
Patricia B, Manager at Hebden Bridge Antiques Centre, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Sorry that you did or like our store. We aim to please but perhaps it's not for all. We did undertake a stock turnaround on Thursday and Friday the 1st and 2nd of August which involved two very late nights for me and left me with two or three at most empty cabinets which were stocked again by opening on Saturday, I can assure you all our cabinets are full of interesting dealers and we have a waiting list.

Regarding a conversation I was having with a customer who wanted advice on how best to sell their goods, I vaguely remember the incident as I am asked this sort of thing day in day out as you can imagine, always happy to help with advice and point them in the right direction as we offer a free service in our centre and online. Having finished the valuation I did not advise that this particular person take their goods to auction as the fees involved outweighed the value.

I generally try to deal quickly with all customers who are waiting for my help and sorry not to have spotted you sooner. I too hate to be kept waiting. I would like you to consider removing this review as I do not feel it is justified, we are proud of our carbon free footprint, our low prices and one of the reasons we are able to keep our prices down is not to have the staffing that you find in high street stores, unfortunately that does mean you have to wait your turn when another person is before you.
Hawthorne, Florida
“definitely worth the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

every time we are in the UK we make an effort to go to the Hedben Bridge Antique Centre. We always find something of interest that we need to add to our collection. The diversity of items covers the interests of just about any antiques collector. Make the time to visit, you'll find something to take home.

Visited September 2012