“gorgeous place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
manchester
“gorgeous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

me and my boyfriend went for a romantic meal in the lovely Old Gate in Hebden bridge to start we had the gorgeous chicken livers with cous cous next I had the ham hock in mustard sauce it was beautiful it just fell off the boneto finish i had a very 70s dessert crpe suzzette washed down with a provence wine wonderful

• Visited July 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Customers make a pub”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have not eaten or drunk at the Old Gate. When I entered I wanted to look at the beer pumps to see what was on offer, since there were several available. In doing so I needed say "Excuse me" to get past two chaps and a dog who were occupying that space at the bar. One of them took exception to this and started a tirade of limited vocabulary, most words beginning with "F". The barmaid approached and mildly reprimanded this oaf, whose name (Paul) she knew. She asked me politely what I would like but he was still swearing so I left.

Visited October 2013
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Tourist17 Buckinghamshire - Excellence in Hebden Bridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

A friend in Hebden Bridge recommended this restaurant. The menu looked tempting, but as we only wanted a light lunch we elected to share the seafood platter. The presentation was great, the taste excellent and the portions generous. We ate in the bar area and the service was very attentive.

All round a very positive experience.

Tourist17 Buckinghamshire

Visited September 2013
Halifax UK
“Spoiled For Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

From a bar snack to a blowout, you can eat in almost any style here, and in style too! Offering much more than mere pub grub, this is a kitchen of some competence, easily the best in and around Hebden. The wine list has been expertly chosen, the service is attentive and professional, the pricing represents good value. Add in Illy coffee and some great beers and you are close to perfection.

• Visited October 2013
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Great new find for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

A friend waits in this restaurant and she said try it, so thought i'd give it a go - she wasn't working so I could be objective.
On first entering I thought it was just a pub - with a nice layout and lovely beers - but when I said I wanted to eat was directed upstairs with little fuss. I was met by the general manager who seemed to the waiter and the service was excellent from then on. The seating was good, and even though there weren't many people in on a Monday, we were sat so as to feel cosy, yet private.
I had the lamb special - cooked pink and tasty with market vegetables, and i'm quite happy to say that its one of the best meals i've had in ages; the taste was spot on. I followed it with the baked blueberry cheesecake and ice cream which was just the right size.
The price was around £23 all in which in my book was very good value and I'll definitely go again, but with a friend now I like it.

• Visited October 2013