“Bar Restaurant during Blues Festival weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Crown Inn to your Saves list
Crown Inn
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   10 Crown Street, Hebden Bridge HX7 8EH , England (Formerly Bar Place)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Bar Restaurant during Blues Festival weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at Bar Place during the Blues Festival weekend, lots of very good acts performed at Bar Place so every night was a full house.
This turned out to be a very good choice as we did not have to travel at all, the bedrooms were very well decorated and comfortable the food also was top class.
We will certainly use Bar Place again when visiting Hebden Bridge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed in the Juliet room, which was a little smaller than it looked on the web site but was nice anyway. The Juliet balcony is a bit tatty, it is boarded in mostly and has evidence of pigeons roosting in the past. Should be cleaned up and boards taken down, could be absolutely lovely. The meals downstairs in the bar are really good value, and the chips are the best I have ever had anywhere. Would go again but probably pick a different room, some look lovely.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saltburn-by-the-sae
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My booking for two rooms on 3rd August was cancelled due to the flooding at Hebden Bridge. However, I had to find this out for myself, there was no contact from the hotel. I had to do all of the work and book alternative accommodation nearby at short notice. The flood damage is of course sad and not the fault of the hotel but four weeks after finding out our booking was cancelled I am still awaiting the refund of my payment which was made in full in advance. This I find completely unacceptable as the hotel did not incur any cost associated with my booking and therefore should have refunded the money immediately. So, right now I am out of pocket and very disgruntled. I cannot recommend this hotel. If you have to stay here do not pay up front.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Seaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our party stayed here under difficult circumstances as Hebden Bridge had just been flooded and the bar and restaurant were temporarily closed as were many other businesses. They welcomed us and kindly allowed the 7 of us to use the bedrooms which were clean and comfortable. Breakfast had been arranged elsewhere. They could easily have cancelled the booking but as we were walking the Pennine Way and probably wouldn't have found anywhere else to stay because of the flooding, they made the effort to accommodate us and we are very appreciative.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lancashire, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Three of us stayed at this hotel. My girlfriend and I in 'Chill' on the top floor and another friend in a single on the first floor - I can't remember the room's inappropriate name. The website and £86 for the double, £58 for the single gave us high hopes; we were very disappointed. The room was just OK (didn't spot the 'element of fun' though), the corridors and back stairs were horrible. My friend on the first floor was kept awake till the early hours by noise in the (unpleasant) bar then wakened very early by dustmen/delivery men. Breakfast was just OK when it eventually arrived. Parking is awkward but I suppose this is inevitable in a town centre location. All I can say is that they have managed to employ a truly wonderful photographer and a very creative copywriter to do their website.

Room Tip: Try the nearby White Lion - a bit dearer but well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Bar Place is right in the middle of Hebden Bridge. The rooms are set above a bar - which when I stayed this week didn't have a single customer and closed early - but can equally be busy with live music playing. I've stayed several times here and in different rooms. The rooms are clean, fairly basic and decorated in a modern boutique-style fashion and there is free wifi. Rooms on the first floor could be noisy on live music nights and my room this time faced the road and was noisy in the morning from delivery vans (and people talking) on the street below. That said, I've always had a comfortable night's sleep at Bar Place. The bar offers pub food and cooked breakfast in the morning. At around 90-100 pounds, the rooms are a little overpriced. Location great - 10-15 minutes walk from railway station and if you drive then there is street parking (up to 2 hours during day) and pay parking very nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
LONDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here recently as the pictures of the place looked great - and it was in an ideal location for us. The accommodation was described as luxury. We were a party of 3 in a room for 4 people. The attitude we encountered from all staff was great. I noticed on the way up to the room that the corridor carpets were quite dirty, but I wasn't sleeping in the corridor so that didn't worry me, so long as the room was clean. The room we stayed in was smaller than I imagined it being - with a double bed and bunk bed. My friend was incredulous that the accommodation could be described as luxury - at £99 for a night, it's not cheap. I would describe it as adequate. There were only 2 towels provided, there were no teabags in the tea and coffee bowl, there was only one 25ml bottle of shower gel between 3 of us. It just gave the impression that nothing had been topped up from the previous guests vacating the room. We did bring these points to the attention of the receptionist who said she would sort it. When we got back to the room, we had the extra towel, no extra shower gel - and just 2 teabags had been left!
We were out til late at a party so did not encounter any noise, although in the morning you can hear everyone on the corridor. Breakfast was - as pointed out in an earlier review - limited, but fine for us. We all ordered the full English which, amazingly, took 45 minutes to come to the table. When the breakfast arrived, one of our party asked for marmalade. The preserves duly arrived as the last bit of toast was being eaten! Last time we came to Hebden Bridge we stayed at Holmes House, which is where I shall stay next time.
In a sentence then, the staff are welcoming and polite, don't expect luxury, and bring a paper to read while waiting for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crown Inn? Share your experiences!