Here's the plus side: The room was nice, modern and fairly priced. I remember a young lady who worked behind the bar (small girl with brown, bobbed hair) She provided a fantastic and friendly service. There were nice touches too - such as a few olives with a large glass of wine.... Impressive at first....
Now onto the down side: It was over a year ago when we went - but I never thought to leave a review - until now! One of the owners was a nice girl although liked to exaggerate; claimed to own the building but her partner - who I believe is the main business owner said it was rented. Erm, okaaaay! The oldest of the two seemed very nice at first (mainly because of her honesty with renting the building!) but after she got a few drinks down her, she became a little strange. At the end of the evening she went to bed before us. It was not particularily late. We were chatting to friends and we did laugh every now and again - but we were not inconsiderate or loud at all and we moved to the other end of the building to ensure we didn't bother anyone upstairs. She was VERY rude to us because she could hear us. She told us we must go to bed and stood there - almost like am aggressive bully - waiting for us to go up to bed! Although I should have told her how she should run a hotel (ie by law you must serve your guests all night until they go to bed - when they WANT TO go to bed) but I thought it wasn't worth risking a dispute with a drunken, unprofessional, rude person.... We spent a small fortune in that bar all day. They should be more grateful!
Won't be going there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently reopened in December 2012 after the floods in July of the same year. After a full refurbishment we rebranded ourselves to further improve your visit and our levels of customer service. We are a 4* Bed & Breakfast with hotel rooms on offer, a varied menu and lots of different drinks available, please don't hesitate to contact us to enquire about your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Place Hotel Hebden Bridge
- Crown Inn Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire