“Below standard christmas dinner” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Dusty Miller

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hebden Bridge
The Dusty Miller
You added The Dusty Miller to your Saves list
Burnley Rd | Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge HX7 5LH, England   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hebden Bridge B&B and Inns
Mytholmroyd, United Kingdom
“Below standard christmas dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were a party of 10 adults and 1 child paying £52.95 per head even for a 6 year old, several ordered soufflé starter but were presented with cheese and red onion tart only to be told that was a soufflé from Lancashire! The actual christmas dinner of ham and turkey arrived with cremated ham and you could have broke your teeth on the stuffing. Service was poor with them clearing plates before some people had even finished and to add insult to injury they then tried to overcharge us. Last time we go and we've been regulars for years

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
united kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I and my partner and two friends from Essex met up for a weekend in Hebden Bridge and booked the Dusty Miller for a three night stay. We were a little anxious as our previous year's accommodation in Hebden was a disaster. However I needn't have worried as the 'Dusty' was a wonderful stay. Spotlessly clean and food excellent. Breakfast included in price and we were left to ourselves once served. The bar was cosy and comfortable and perfect for the guys to relax after a night out in Hebden. Only 1 mile from Hebden so perfect for leisurely walk along the towpath and a cheap taxi ride back at the end of the evening. Our room was at the front and noisy with the through traffic in the mornings. So book a rear room if possible. We will definitely book again for next years music fest. Sue Wrexham North Wales

Room Tip: Rooms at front our noisy in mornings with through traffic
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Went to eat about 4 years ago and really didn't enjoy the meal, thought we should give it another chance - after so long it must have improved, right? - The meal started off well, I have to say that the goats cheese and red pepper cheesecake was fantastic (but extremely small), my partner had the garlic mushrooms that were very good too. However when it came to the mains I ordered the seabass pasta with white wine sauce, the seabass itself was ok but it was completely let down by the clump of sticky pasta next to it, the bland sauce on the side and the burnt garlic bread! We decided to try a pudding (as I was still hungry) they couldn't get belgium waffles wrong could they? Ooops, wrong again! 2 small untoasted, cold waffles with icecream and choc n toffee squirty icecream syrup on top. All in all meal not worth anywhere near the £45 we paid. I did tell the waitress why I couldn't eat the pasta or the garlic bread, she offered to change it for something else but decided as my partner was in middle of his it wouldn't be worth waiting for something else too cook. Needless to say we didn't leave a tip which was a shame as the waiting staff were fantastic, they looked really embarrassed by my comments but certainly not shocked, they even tried to give the cook (I'll say cook as he certainly wasn't a chef) a tip as to how to stop the pasta from sticking together! They certainly need to spend a little extra to get in a decent chef instead of the cowboys (sorry I mean cooks) they have at the minute! I will possibly give it another chance in another 4 years - who knows, it may have improved by then!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

On the way home from walking at Hardcastle Crags and feeling very hungry we decided to give this pub a try and were so glad we did. It was open early evening so we did not have a long wait. The service was excellent, food hot and beautifully served, also not too long to wait. Loads of choice on the menu and reasonably priced, given that it is in a tourist area. Seating v. comfortable. Only one criticism - given that this is an historic pub, with it's connections with the Cragg Vale Coiners, apart from the name of the restaurant, there was nothing to tell you about the history of the place - I had to check that out on the Internet when I got home. However, all said I would recommend this eatery to friends and tell anyone to ignore previous poor reviews, as the management have obviously cleaned up their act.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Glossop, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Have been here a small handfull of time and food is always spot on and never left hungry. The carvery is brilliant value for money - the quality of meat is always good and the size of the yorkshire puddings are huge! Went today for a family meal. A couple of people had the sunday carvery. One had scampi and chips and said it was nice. I had the beef burger which came out looking very impressive and the stuffed chicken was well recieved. Hot chocolate was also good! However whenever I have been the service has needed improvement. Today being that the very vacant and (not to be unkind) but slightly slow waitress who kept re-asking/repeating what had been requested off her. However on food alone I have no complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had a lovely lunch at the Dusty Miller, Mytholmroyd - the food was really nice, the staff were really friendly and accomodating, I couldnt rate it high enough.

They had a new lunch menu which was really good, with loads to choose from but not too much choice! One of the members of staff said they are also introducing a new evening menu, so will look forward to sampling that! The restaurant and kitchen are all open plan and you can see them cooking the food at the more formal far end dining area.The kitchens looked clean and food and portion sizes were spot on.

Glad I didnt read the reviews before I went, as have to say I was very impressed with the food and service at this pub, its in a lovely spot, really nicely furnished, with a really nice atmosphere - definately worth a visit!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
mytholmroyd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I wouldnt even give it 1 star.

The Dusty Miller Inn
Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge

after booking a table at this 'restaurant' for mothers day aswell as having grandparents up from manchester as i live in the area we found the management and service a disgrace. it was our first visit here.

we booked a table for 5 at 4:15 and arrived early we were told that our reservation wasnt until 4:30 we had to sit in the lounge area and have a few drinks. later, as it was approaching 4:30 and one of the waitors asked us if we didnt mind sitting in the lounge area ( with a very small drinks table) to eat our meals, we explained we had our reservation and he walked off. when we finally got our table the note, did infact say the reservation was for 4:15. We were all sat there going on for an hour with no service, no common courtesy. we therefore asked and their excuse was 'we had customers arriving late' we decided to leave. we spoke with the manager over the phone, she was disrespectful and arrogant. the worst service i have ever seen i would strongly reccomend NEVER to go there. the total opposite of what a restaurant should be. i wouldnt even give it 1 star.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Dusty Miller? Share your experiences!