“Stylish hotel, excellent location with good service too” 4 of 5 stars

You added Gomersal Park Hotel to your Saves list
Gomersal Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Moor Lane, Gomersal BD19 4LJ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gomersal
“Stylish hotel, excellent location with good service too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We met friends for evening drinks and a light evening meal. The service was excellent - very attentive staff without being over fussy. They accommodated us bringing a special birthday cake in and provided plates and napkins! Very welcoming feel.

As the weather was warm we sat out on the terrace, and the private lawned grounds are very easy on the eye. A short stroll was very much appreciated - away from traffic and noise, even though the hotel is within easy reach of the M62.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gavin J, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Another lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

Gavin Jack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Liversedge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was looking for a nice venue to host a birthday luncheon for 30 adults and 7 children in
July and found it at the Gomersal Park Hotel restaurant. The perfect location for a sunny summer afternoon, with airy French windows and a lovely terrace overlooking the grounds. Great food (decided on a Mediterranean style platter for the adults and pizza for the children), generous Yorkshire portions and efficient service! Extra special thanks to Luca who worked hard to make sure it was a special event and was more than helpful to ensure we had a perfect summer luncheon.

A great day with many compliments about the restaurant and food from family and friends! I would certainly use the venue again for a similar event.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
What a fantastic review, thank you so much! I will pass on your comments to Luca who i am sure will be thrilled.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We've stayed at Gomersal Park Hotel a couple of times and the is just perfect for us when we come to visit the in-laws. We stayed here this weekend and it was fantastic. We stayed from Friday till Sunday and the weather was amazing. The room was lovely and super clean and the meal we had at Massimo on Saturday evening did not disappoint. We've eaten here before, and it was as good as we remembered or even better. I had an anti-pasti to start and a seafood ravioli as a main..DELICIOUS! We love this hotel and love the staff as well. We will definitely come back again and again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Another fanatstic review, thank you so much.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed recently as I was visiting a friend close by. It was therefore due to proximity that I chose this hotel. It was a one night stay and when I arrived at 12.30pm I was very politely welcomed on reception and kindly allowed to check in early.

I found my room (through a bit of a rabbit warren) but the first thing that hit me was the overwhelming heat. This was a hot weekend in July that I stayed but still, it was simply unbearable. It took me twice as long to get ready to go to the party I was attending, because going too fast simply made me too hot!

The window in the room was tiny and had only been left open a fraction. I opened it further (which wasn't much) and this did very little. There was also a lack of appropriate lighting in the room. Two lamps by the bed and one on the wall (which didn't work). No "main" light which, again, made getting ready rather difficult.

As I left the room to go out I closed the blind to try to keep out the sunlight in the hope that it would be cooler when I returned. It wasn't, if anything it had got even hotter. I called reception to ask for a fan, but I was told they were all out. Fortunately it was just myself in the room. A friend stayed also with her partner and the heat was too much for the pair of them in one small room and they simply didn't sleep. I managed a disturbed sleep.

The next morning breakfast as lovely, although tea/coffee a bit slow. The hotel has a lovely terrace out in the sun and to its credit has a huge car park, beautiful grounds and friendly staff. I sadly didn't have time to try the pool etc.

Its just a shame that in the refurbishment no one thought to change the lighting and either put in air conditioning or a larger opening window in the rooms.

Would I stay again? probably but only due to convenience.

Why didn't I complain to staff at the time? it wouldn't have achieved anything all I wanted was to be cooler, and they couldn't assist with that!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thornaby on Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Lovely location but a wedding venue hotel really. Grounds are beautiful and hotel looks lovely on the outside. On being shown to our room we were really pleased, obviously recently refurbished it was clean, tidy and nicely decorated, small sitting area, nice size tv on the wall, plenty of tea coffee making facilities, only downside no ac so very warm and only a small window. So decided on a nice cup of coffee and plonked on the sofa to watch tv and suddenly the tv fell off the wall and frightened me half to death! Rang down to reception and they said they'd send maintenance up asap. Whilst waiting heard a lot of laughing and giggling outside so looked out of the window to see a couple (the man dressed in a ladies swimming costume) running about, the woman with a towel wrapped around her taking photos of the man doing press ups on the grass outside the pool area! It was at this point we began to think we were on candid camera. A very nice maintenance person arrived and said they were moving us rooms due to the tv issue. The new room was larger with bigger windows so we settled ourselves in. Just missing shower gel and the desk lamp didn't work but good response so far. We didn't eat in the restaurant as went to a nearby Indian restaurant which is why we'd chosen this hotel to stay in. There was a big wedding on during the afternoon and when we got back it was very noisy and we had to cut through all the smokers on the front which wasn't very nice. Next morning we went to breakfast, had to ask three times for coffee as staff too busy gossiping to each other, environment not particularly clean, windows look like they've not been cleaned for a long time. Hubby asked for poached eggs on brown bread they came on white. Staff really lax, stood around talking to each other, taking ages to clear tables, had to be asked to refill coffee, didn't approach table once. Hubby went to toilets near to restaurant which hadn't been cleaned from previous night and were disgusting. Surely they should have been done from the wedding the night before and before breakfast guests may want to use them? Receptionist didn't ask how our stay had been on checking out or we'd have told her!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gavin J, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, I do realise that is a mixed review, we take on board everything that you have said. Like other guests who have stayed with us recently we have great feedback on the new room refurbishment.

I cannot understand the television incident but will ask our maintenance to check the fittings on our wall mounted televisions to ensure that this does not reoccur in the future. I do not know what to say about the other guest’s behaviour, it takes all sorts!

I was very concerned to hear about lack of service at breakfast especially as we had one of our most experienced teams on duty that morning, I am sure they will be dismayed by your comments and we will focus on these short comings.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble that your review obviously took and we would love to welcome you back in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed the night in a double room. Hotel grounds and car park are very well kept, and a lovely building to look at. Inside staff were friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and had everything we needed. We were really looking forward to the spa, however it was like walking into a different hotel! It was dated, pool was very cold, and jacuzzi was okay, except for the bubbles were cold so not a very relaxing experience! Huge contrast between rest of the hotel and the spa!
Had a meal in the restaurant in the evening; fantastic food, good wine, and very nice to sit out on the patio with a drink in the evening. 2 main problems with our room; 1. the cold water wasn't cold! It was luke-warm, so not very nice to get a glass of water, ended up at the bar to get some ice and cold water. 2. Air conditioning unit outside our room was incredibly noisy and made it very difficult to sleep due to the noise.
All in all, room was okay, just needed to be quieter! Restaurant is definitely worth a visit, not badly priced either for the quality and quantity of the food, but the spa isn't really much to write home about.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 248 to 240
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gavin J, General Manager at Gomersal Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments.

I have had our maintenance team look into your comments with the room; please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

With regards to the leisure centre we are currently looking into options to upgrade it to the same standard as the hotel in so please bear with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I absolutely love this hotel, I have stayed here 9 times since the new year and cannot really find much to fault with it.

The car park is big and ample and I feel safe leaving our car parked out there as it is well lit too. In to reception this is where I have a slight gripe, the staff are not always visible and you have to mull around a little waiting for someone to check you in but thats not a problem as its never too long and check in is quick and easy.

The rooms are lovely, they are well presented and clean to a high standard. I like the fact there is a seating area not just a bed as this makes it easier to work from. The bathrooms are nice and the towels provided are of a good size - you even get extra ones for use in the spa!

The leisure club - I haven't used the gym here but my partner says it is well equipped and air conditioned. The pool is nice and relaxing, the sauna is usually empty so its great if you like them - I can't handle more than a few minutes! The jacuzzi is nice too and again is often accessible as its empty which is good - I have stayed at some hotels where you cannot get near. Lockers are provided for 20p which is non-returnable so make sure you put all your stuff in, in one go as you wont get another chance!

The food/drink - There is an Italian restaurant attached on to the hotel, I would highly recommend the food there as it really is top notch (and I'm fussy) but after its closed for food we have ordered takeaways in and been provided with plates and cutlery! The bar area is nice and relaxed with a wide range of drinks.

Will I stay here again? You bet! This coming weekend in fact.....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your fantastic review.

We look forward forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Gavin Jack

Been to Gomersal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!