Opted for this hotel due to location, just off M62 and ideal for next mornings meeting close by in Huddersfield.
Reception cheery and chirpy, but felt after I checked in and got my key that was it, no dinner times, or breakfast times, no directions to room, nothing about health suite.
Room was on 1st floor, clean and well appointed, good facilities, everything in room worked, no dead power sockets and the normal complicated hotel TV. However as it appears rooms had been modernied the bathroom had a singing shower and was rather shabby in parts. On way to bedroom a function hadn't been tidied away, this was at 7pm, it still hadn't been tidied away at 11pm.
I opted for DBB package and at £97.50 was the best business options, as with check in, once your bum hit seat there was no menu explanation of what was and what wasn't included in the DBB package, maybe better if the hotel has a table d'hote menu for DBB package guests. I had tomato soup and it was not out a tin - tasty and lots of it, however the fish and chips (Sustainably sourced hake fillet in crispy golden batter with chunky chips) left a lot to be desired - clearly not freshly caught, batter soggy and fell off fillet and when it did exposed a grey pre formed fish fillet. You guys can do better than this.
Breakfast was like in a different restaurant, congratulations for a delicious breakfast, wow crispy bacon - too many places serve scraggy end fatty bacon, 10/10 here and if you could replicate this to dinner you would have a fab restaurant.
Whether or not it is new IHG program, I find it disappointing that a hotel doesn't furnish its rooms with a bottle of water or a biscuit, you are kind enough to leave a hospitality tray, this would be the difference between being remembered or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the contemporary Express by Holiday Inn Leeds City Centre - the modern choice for business or pleasure!Our reception, lounge, breakfast area & meeting rooms have been transformed with an extensive public area refurbishment. We boast a stunning, contemporary look that combines style & comfort.Our modern hotel offers en suite guestrooms with air conditioning, satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer & power showers. Our value room rates also include complimentary continental breakfast. Additional facilities include car parking & refurbished meeting rooms. The Express by Holiday Inn Leeds hotel is just a 10-15 min walk from the main city centre offering lots to keep you occupied including an excellent choice of restaurants, cafe bars, over 1000 shops & unique venues including the Corn Exchange & Victoria Quarter.Our Leeds hotel is ideally situated on the city centre perimeter making it convenient for Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan University, business & financial district, courts & Leeds General Infirmary. The Express by Holiday Inn Leeds is also a great choice for sports fans with Headingley Stadium and Elland Road Football Stadium (Leeds United) nearby. York & Wetherby racecourses are within a 30-45 minutes drive.NewsEvery room now air conditionedEvery guestroom refurbishedWe're now a 100% non-smoking hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse Hotel Brighouse
- Holiday Inn Brighouse
- Brighouse Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse England