“Friendly staff and good facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brighouse
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and good facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I must admit to being slightly biased as i stay regularly in the Halifax area for business reasons. For the last 6 months i have been using the Holiday Inn, Leeds Brighouse, having previously moved from hotel to hotel in the local area.
The staff at the Holiday Inn are always friendly and helpful and make staying there an enjoyable experience, hence why i no longer feel the need to 'shop around' for accomodation.
Whilst i appreciate that the pricing can change heavily according to the day of the week, you always know what you are going to get. Clean rooms, friendly service and good facilities which includes a bar, gym and restaurant. I have eaten in the restaurant on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed my meal. My only request to the restaurant would be to please stop serving meals on wooden boards. It may look nice but everyone i have eaten with says the same thing, that it probably isn't easy to get them properly clean after each meal and so are often viewed with suspicion. Despite other reviews, i have never been disappointed with the breakfast compared to other similar hotels. My only observation is that the eggs are sometimes a bit slow being replenished and they have forgotten to top up the butter on occasion. Other than that, it is a 'help yourself' buffet with an adequate selection.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear ipylon,

I greatly appreciate you taking time to complete a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I was delighted with your kind comments about our staff and facilities. I have shared this kind praise with the team who are as pleased as I am.

I am grateful for your comments regarding the wooden boards within the Restaurant and would like to make you aware that while it is the Holiday standards with the new Best of British Menu to serve on our boards we are happy to fulfil any request that we can to make your dining experience more pleasant and would be happy to serve your meals on a plate should you request this with your server.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel again on your next visits to the area.

PA to General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
lake district
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Me and my husband got a deal to stay here whilst visiting family locally. On arrival we were offered breakfast for the following day for £10 each which we decided to go for. The rooms themselves perhaps could do with updating but they were perfectly adequate and most importantly clean.

Back to the breakfast well it was truely shocking quality! The cooked breakfast was supposedly cooked to order. The bacon was green and it smelt perculiar, the sausage was also discoloured. The mushrooms were deep fried although we were told they were oven cooked they must have been submerged in oil cooked in the oven. There is just no need to cook like this when there were only 2 other people in the restaurant these could have been easily cooked properly to order! The coffee is served from one of the vacum flasks and was'nt very hot. The only decent thing was a prepacked yoghurt and the toast and I made that myself!!!

We complained to the waiter and the duty manager spoke with us and I cant fault their customer service they were professional however there is clearly a problem with the kitchen staff, they are either inexperienced or dont care about the food they are sending out. We did not pay for the breakfast.

I'd be interested to know if anyone actually pays £28 for wi-fi and movies when so many places offer free wi-fi, the prices are just daft. Bar prices are also higher than local pubs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mad9hatter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I do apologise for the issues that you experienced with your breakfast and was delighted to receive your constructive feedback. I can confirm that this has been passed to our Executive Head Chef who will be conducting re-training with the breakfast team to ensure that we are improving our quality and standards of breakfast.

Thank you for your comments regarding the customer service you received following your complaint, I am happy that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future in order to witness the improvements that we are making with our standards.

Kind Regards

holmfirth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

went for a function on saturday night, we didn't stay over but some friends did and said the room was nice and clean but i am writing a review, scoring low for the actual bar/food.
I just can't get over the prices of the drinks. we paid over £16 for a large chardonnay and a double Jack daniels... i wouldn't mind paying this if i was at some swanky bar in Leeds/ Manchester but i wasn't i was at a Holiday Inn, also the wine wasn't chilled enough and not of good quality..
The food i thought was very canteen like.. the pat'e for starters was dry as if it had been left out unsealed all day, the Turkey for mains wasn't any better. Tred wine on the table was actually nice though. al the bar staff i did interact with came across as rude the waiting staff were pleasent though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear kiaHolmfirth,

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I am disappointed to learn that you have not fully enjoyed your visit to the Hotel.

I do apologise for the issues that you experienced with regards to your meal and the service received. I have shared your review with the Executive Head Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager who will addressing your concerns appropriately with their teams.

I greatly appreciate your constructive feedback I hope that we are able to welcome you to the Hotel on a future occasions to show that on this occasion you did not received our usual high standards of service.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've now stayed three different times in the hotel for work reasons. The service is friendly enough but the decor of the hotel is definitely dated and in need of a make-over. The gym and pool are okay and the beds are like most hotels. Okay with rubbish pillows.

I am baffled as to why they charge so much to watch a movie though? Its around £8? I mean its not exactly a cinema experience and much more than Virgin or Sky charge. Maybe they don't understand price elasticity of demand...and how they could probably make a lot more cash charging a little less...same with broadband.

What I think they really need to sort out is the food. I mean, I thought we had a restaurant revolution in this country? And we now understand that you have a much more limited choice of starters and mains (no more than five each) but that they are really good quality and cooked well. Sadly the restaurant at this Holiday Inn offers neither...which is astonishing when you look at the prices (i've paid less in some of London's best restaurants.)

Stick to ordering things that they have to make then and there...(steak etc) or you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a double bed as the singles are small.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Fulfie,

I am grateful that you have taken the time to review our Hotel here on TripAdvsor but was disappointed to read that you had not fully enjoyed our 'Holiday Inn' experience.

Thank you for your comments regarding the dining experience that you had in our Restaurant, should you wish to discuss any specifics then please do contact me at the Hotel. I have shared your comments with our Executive Head Chef, who will continue to train with the team so that we can improve our quality of service and standards.

It is with constructive feedback from our guests that we can identify our area of improvement so that we can increase these services and facilities as well as our areas of merit.

Thank you again for your comments, we do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse in order for you to witness the improvements that your help to facilitate.

Your Sincerely

U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions. The rooms are spacious, it is always clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Sports facilities are always good.

Try and book at a price which includes breakfast as it is expensive if bought separately.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear luvroamin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

I greatly appreciate your kind comments for all our staff and Spirit Health Club, I will be passing these kind comments throughout the team here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, as they will be as happy as I am to have read them.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stay here a couple of times each year and am always struck by the friendliness of the staff. Well maintained rooms ( much better than Taunton!!) and busy lounge area. Breakfast is fine too with great views over the m62 through the gloom. I just hate those useless toasters...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear BillyboyG,

It's is always a great pleasure to receive a review from our returning customers to enable us to maintain and improve our levels of customer service and facilities.

I was delighted to read that you have continued to enjoy your visits to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and I have shared this review with the team here at the Hotel.

Thank you for your comment regarding our breakfast toaster and should you prefer to have our chefs prepare your toast please do not hesitate to contact a member of our breakfast team, who will be happy to arrange this.

We look forward to your next visit when you have cause to visit the area in the future.

Kind Regards

Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

hi again,went to the holiday inn at brighouse for new years eve function,went around lunchtime and were given keys to our rooms straight away.nice clean rooms polite staff at reception/serving staff for the evening meal true professionals,as were breakfast waiters and waitresses.would not hesitate to go again.the cost was very reasonable £50 per head for evening meal,£39 per couple for bed and breakfast,bedroom maids also polite and helpful .so as i say good value good evening,give it a go

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sylvia B,

Thank you of your review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse's New Year
Celebrations.

I was very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel from your check in. It is s great pleasure for myself and our team to receive such positive feedback and have passed it onto the whole, who were as delighted as I was.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel .

Louise Dodd

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!