“Best Chinese in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Chinese, Noodle, Cantonese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Established in 1998, we are a vibrant, traditional Chinese restaurant in the heart of Brighouse. Serving Cantonese and Peking style cuisine, we are committed to providing high quality oriental food and quality entertainment for all occasions. We will give you a great night out. Whether you are just stopping by for some quality oriental cuisine, or you are enjoying a full evening of entertainment with friends and family; The Great Wall Chinese Restaurant can provide all this for you. Accredited with 5 Star rated kitchen and Trip Advisor 2013 Excellence rating.
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you want Chinese and you are in the Brighouse area you can't beat the Great Wall, the food is excellent the service the same. The decor is just Chinese, including the fishtank. But you can't go wrong with food its yummy. Take aways are catered for too.

• Visited April 2013

Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent chinese food , no complaints at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love this place :)

I have eaten at the Great Wall many times now, as well as ordered takeaways. The place is i a handy location and the decor is typical chinese/oriential style with lots of pot dragons ect. Very warm and welcoming and the smell of that chinese food coming down the stairs always gets my tastebuds going!! In fact the first time I went to this place , it was when we had the very bad snow , we were frozen silly and very hungry , and coming into the warmth of GW and smelling those yummy food smells , we knew we were in for a good meal and had made the right choice.

No complaints at all. The food quality is always excellent. The waiting times are so short! It seems no sooner have you sat down , ordered and had a few sips of your drink , and the food is on the table - perfect!! The staff are always very polite and attentive , but not so attentive as to be a nuisance ( as some places are like this , and I like to be left alone to eat my food in peace ! ) , they have the balance just right.

The food is excellent !! In fact writign this i am rather hungry and migth have to treat myself to a takeway as I havent had one for ages! The ingredients are all fresh , so the vedg in the stir fries is crispy and al dente -= as it should be !! The meats are always well cooked. I usually "Play safe" and get my "old faves" , special chow mein , crispy duck , duck soup , crispy noodles and the mixed starters. On the last few visits I have tried different dishes , and was glad i did !! The chicken stuffed with prawn meat was delicious !! I didint expect it to be so big m it was as large as a chicken breast joint for 3/4 people that you would buy in supermarket. I managed to eat plenty and take a good doggy bag home from that meal . ( I always take bits home for doggy !) The steak cantonese style has been recommended to me , so next time i will try that .

The drinks are reasonably priced for a restraraunt too . The place is always busy and has a vibrant atmosphere. 10/10 , no complaints at all . Cant go wrong with the Great Wall.

I used to eat at the Golden Sea , which is also excellent food and service , however the place was always empty , so no "atmosphere" so to speak. The Great Wall does win out on this point . Its a shame as the Golden Sea IS a good place , but its a bit depressing eating in a place where you are the only customers ( sorry Golden Sea)

The one small complaint id give to the GW is that the "crispy noodles" come plain. Just noodles with a bit of salt on !! I like my crispy noodles done "thai style" , thats with some small prawns ans spring onions and a bit of sweet chilli sauce stirred through the noodles......However , all chinese places do the noodles plain . Maybe next time i go i could ask the chef if he could make up the noodles to my liking for me ?

Oh , the toilets and bar are always very clean too , which is important to me

• Visited April 2013
England
“Great Food Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

went as a family party of 8 for mothers day, 3 children made to feel extremely welcome, including a baby. Great selection of food we went for main menu rather than set sunday menu. Freshly cooked, excellent and tasty, service excellent lots of service staff, children actually commented was best chinese food they had ever had, and adults agreed. Only criticism was no selection of desserts, ice cream or nothing, but as we were so full from the meal really didnt mind that. cost was £125 for 5 adults and 2 children (baby picked :) well worth a visit

Visited March 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A tastey banquet good for all the family.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

As a family of four we had the special banquet. The starters / crispy duck were really good. But two out of the five mains ( pork & beef) were a little chewy. As it was a Saturday night the staff were busy and not as attentive (unless there were asking you for drinks). That said we enjoyed the meal and plenty of it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
brighouse
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Went for a family meal and gave to say the food was excellent, it was quiet to start as we were there for 530pm but by the time we left at 8pm, there was a busy vibrant atmosphere. Will be returning