“Great Fillet Steak” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Great Fillet Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our two rug rats were having a sleepover , so me and Mrs H came here for a Saturday evening meal. This place doesnt look too great from the roadside, but dont judge a book by it's cover !

Inside it has a great vibrant bar ,behind is a large modern dining area, the place was buzzing and soon became full.
For starters Mrs H had the king prawns in garlic, she let me try it was awesome ! I had salmon fishcakes, they were ok but lacked some seasoning .
Mains we both plumped for the 10z Fillet steaks, they came on a hot Rock and you cooked em yourself as you carved them raw, what a great concept, cook em as u like, what a great lump of juicy fillet it was too ! best steak I have had in a long while.
Nice chunky chips and salad too ! a bottle of the House Red vino was also very nice .

Coffee's and Brandy to finish, all was good and we will be going back soon !

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SamCasa, Manager at Casa Bar and Restaurant Brighouse, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hi Hutchy35,
Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. We're happy to read that you and Mrs H enjoyed your visit and your fillet steaks! I've let the team know and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Ayr
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place ware bare, cold and uninviting. The food was bland and unexciting. Service was good. Probably has a nice view during the day/summer.

Visited March 2013
Hi Mowal,
Thanks for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to read that your experience with us left you disappointed, if you could contact me at sam@thecasahotel.com I would be more than happy to discuss your visit.
Regards
Sam Holmes
Group Manager
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Visited on Sunday with family and a great time was had by all. Fav views, we will definately be back, especially when the sun (hopefully) arrives :-)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi Mary K,
Thanks for your review on TripAdvisor, I have passed your comments on to the team, we're happy to hear you enjoyed your afternoon with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Really nice food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went with a group of nine and none of us had any negatives to say about food or service. Restaurant was full. This restaurant deserves its good reputation

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi Delx2,
Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. I've passed your comments on to the team, we hope to see you again soon!
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Can't believe the difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went to The Casa for a meal a couple of years ago & I didn't think much to it at all, limited menu, poor service & it felt like sitting in a tent with plastic windows (no I wasn't in the marquee!). I went with friends last night & was amazed at the difference. It has since been refurbished & seems much more spacious with floor to ceiling windows with a fabulous view, new furniture & lighting. The menu is 100 times better, Vittorio Vinci has completely revamped it but kept the popular hot rocks. The food looked amazing & tasted delicious, I had pasta with seabass, tomatoes & olives but the skewers look fantastic. We weren't tempted by the dessert menu at all, not very inspiring but we were all full anyway. The service was excellent, we weren't rushed but we weren't waiting either & all the staff were very attentive although it did take a while to attract someone's attention to get the bill! We had a really enjoyable evening & I was pleasantly surprised so I hope The Casa doesn't suffer too much from the bad publicity surrounding the incident last week.

Hi JCC16,
Thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor, I'm glad to read you were impressed when you visited us again. I have passed your review on to the Restaurant and Kitchen teams, we hope to see you again soon!