We have been visiting Terre Blanche each August since the property opened in 2004. As a Four Seasons resort until 2012, Terre Blanche set high expectations (and mostly delivered), as one of the very few true resort experiences near the French Riviera. However, in recent years, the late summer influx of families with small, often poorly behaved, children - and management's reluctance to enforce basic standards of behavior - sometimes made Terre Blanche struggle to meet even 4-start expectations. In fact, my wife, daughter and I weren't sure we would return this year, but are very glad we did.
Now operating under independent management and affiliated with Leading Hotels of the World, Terre Blanche has preserved all the best Four Seasons features and added a few more. The resort, which spills down the hillside from the main building, restaurants and pool area, to the golf club below, features some of the most spacious and well-appointed accommodations to be found in the South of France. Captivating views across the valley to the villages on the opposite side, the scent of lavender in the summer air, and uniformly friendly, courteous, and helpful service from the knowledgeable staff, help to create a welcoming and relaxing ambiance.
Dining options include the casual-chic Le Gaudina main restaurant and lounge, with spacious interior and terrace seating (during warm weather months), and the over-the-top Faventia (for which a Michelin star should be only a matter of time). A new high-end Northern Italian restaurant at the golf club rounds out the on-property dinner options. An excellent daily breakfast buffet is on offer at Gaudina - much improved from Four Seasons days. During peak seasons, Tousco grill, just off the dramatic negative-edge main pool area, offers al fresco buffet lunches (including tempting daily fruit tarts and other freshly prepared dessert options). The restaurants now offer gluten-free menus, and staff are generally very attentive to food allergies or other dietary restrictions. (Our only complaint/suggestion is the need to broaden the variety of dinner options available at Gaudina, especially for families who may dine there most evenings during their stay.)
Two championship golf courses (which host the European Senior Tour French Riviera Masters this month), and one of the best (if not the best) contemporary spas in southern Europe, round out the leisure options on property. The twice-weekly Provençale market in the nearby town of Fayence makes for a fun and convenient excursion, while Cannes and the seaside are a 40-minute drive.
Terre Blanche is a luxurious (if expensive) oasis and an ideal base camp for couples and families interested in a mix of relaxation and sightseeing around southern Provence and the eastern Riviera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exceptional Hotel, Spa, Golf & Family destination, in Provence. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Leading Spa and Leading Golf. A European Tour Destination. Easy to reach: 45 minutes from Nice Airport.DescriptionA haven of tranquility set in the eastern side of Provence, facing the perched villages of Fayence, Tourrettes, Callian and Montauroux. 45 minutes from the beautiful vineyards of Lorgues area, 30 minutes from the perfumers of Grasse, 35 minutes from Cannes, 90 minutes from Les Gorges du Verdon or Aix-en-Provence. Ideal to experience Provence from a country chic estate. Terre Blanche is a perfect getaway from the city, a paradise for Golfers, a Spa destination and a resort of choice for families with children. Great venue for corporate and private events including weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Escapio, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Terre Blanche Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Provence At Terre Blanche
- Terre Blanche Hotel And Spa Provence, France