“Casa Del Soul is a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Casa Del Soul to your Saves list
Casa Del Soul
Pacific Marlin, N-34, San Juan del Sur 99513, Nicaragua   |
Alberta
“Casa Del Soul is a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Premiere suite the end of October 2012. If this suite is available, it is definitely worthwhile. We did "sneak" into the Encore suite when it was empty (sorry Randy!) and although nice, does not compare to the Premiere suite. Randy was always very prompt in responding to my emails, and there were many of them! The local cell phone he provides with preprogramed numbers is a thoughtful service. We were fortunate enough to meet his good friends, Gord and Michelle, and have the pleasure of spending 2 nights with them around the beautiful pool. Plus, we all had a great day at Playa Maderas and Playa El Coco with the private driver Camillo, that Randy helped us all to organize. This was a highlight of our trip, again enjoying Gord and Michelle's company. Randy's breakfast cook, Yami, prepared an enjoyable meal for us. The rooms and areas were very clean, the pool area quiet and relaxing and Wifi works great. The views from the property are incredible and not to be missed. A review would not be complete without a comment on the amazing ChuChoo! This is an incredible dog that will guard you, love you and take you to the beach - a short walk away. A stay at Casa Del Soul is an experience you should strive to enjoy.

Room Tip: Go for the Premiere Suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

While my friends and I actually had a great time here overall (all the reviews are correct in the great house, great host, and private cook-to-hire), my husband and I had $300 cash and my engagement ring stolen from the house. We and our friends rented the entire house, so we know it wasn't another guest, and the most disheartening part was that Randy refused to accept the fact that someone who worked for him could be responsible strictly because they were family. He resorted to blaming us for misplacing it, which, quite frankly, you might do with an earring or $5, but not an engagement ring. Because I rely on TripAdvisor heavily for my travels, I feel compelled to let readers know of this incident. If the problem is corrected internally at the house, I would have no problem recommending the house for visits, as the hospitality during our stay was great.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Randyman54, Owner at Casa Del Soul, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
This guest fails to explain that her boyfriend had put this ring in a zippered pocket in their backpack and he took it out a few days before they left to "check on it" and it was fine.He then took all of their clothes out and took them to the laundry in town.When they told me about this ring,they were getting ready to get in the taxi to go back to the airport at 4am.He said he thought he put it back in the same place,but "I could of dropped it or could of put it in some of the clothes that were taken to the laundry".He was the last to see it..I checked with the laundry place when they opened in the morning and they said they never saw it. I don't know the workers at the laundry place,so I can't vouch for them.Her friends had rented CDS for a month and were there another couple of days after she left.I have never had any problems here ever and yes this is a "family Business" which is why I have never had any theft problems here.I am very sorry for their situation,but I stand on my reputation and my family.My wife's brother and his wife are the only employees here and after 4years of loyal service,I stand behind them as well.The 300 dollars came up when they were looking through all the clothes that were taken to the laundry. They said that they thought they had more money,but they could of spent on everything they were doing.Now that the ring thing was happening,they were sure that 300 dollars was taken 5 or 6 days before. If I was missing 300 dollars,I would say something right away..A little too convenient for me..By the way,this was in August when they were here.Randy
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The best place I stayed at in Nicaragua. Randy was an excellent host and made sure we were ABSOLUTELY taken care of. The mansion is gorgeous and it is in a nice area. The private cove is beautiful and you are within 20 minutes of the San Juan del Sur beaches. The breakfast in the morning was delightful and the refreshing pool is a perfect compliment. Again, Randy will take care of you and anything you need!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong staying here
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our second visit to Casa Del Soul. We were thrilled with Randy and his wonderful home two years ago, but this time he has added even more services which is what really sets him apart from all the rest. He now has A PRIVATE CHEF! Yes, of course he has a wonderful complimentary breakfast, but now he offers dinners by TOP QUALITY CHEF Fabiloa...for only $7 per person. We went fishing (which he set up for us with the best charter service in town - Dario with San Juan Surf & Sport) at the beginning of our trip and brought back fresh mahi mahi which Fabiola cooked for us on two nights during our stay. These were hands down best meals we had in Nicaragua! We also stay in his premium suite on this trip. If he has this suite available when you book it make sure this is what you book. Its worth the very slight difference in price! Waking up looking at the ocean just can't be beat! Randy simply goes above and beyond for his guests in every way so that you can want for nothing! Thank you Randy & Brenda!

Room Tip: Get the premium suite for unparalleled views!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

How does breakfast every morning by a private chef sound? Or breath-taking beauty around every corner, from every window? How about home-style hospitality? Randy gives you all of this. From the early stages of planning our trip, Randy helped us immensely. He was able to make our transportation arrangements from Costa Rica and back, amazingly simple and worry-free. You compound that with what has to be one of the most beautifully built houses and landscape in the city. By in the city, its actually on the outskirts of San Juan del Sur, in a secluded subdivision on the other side of the statue of Jesus. The walk to and from town can be a challenge, even more so after a few Tonas, the local beer, but Randy had personal Taxis that were at your every call, and connections, suggestions, and ideas that would pack even a month's worth of activities. My wife and I will return, refer, and bully anyone into staying here as we've never had accommodations more accommodating. Thank you, Randy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Randy-

Thank you again for all your assistance and understanding while we stayed w/ you at Casa Del Soul. Your generosity and patience are unparalleled.

My Fiance and I spent 3 nights w/ Randy at Casa Del Soul. The accommodations, food, scenery, service was perfect. We could not have asked for anything better.

But Randy went above and beyond. My fiance and I were robbed at gunpoint at Playa Hermosa, which is about 30 minutes from Casa Del Soul. Randy helped us with everything, from generating a police report, to contacting the embassy and making space for us an additional night. I do not want to go into the details of our poor experience at Playa Hermosa but Randy made our trip memorable for the right things. He knows the town better than most, will help you w/ trips and understands Westerners expectations (which are typically out of reach and far fetched).

Thank you again Randy. You are a saint! Please give Chucho our best!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Randyman54, Owner at Casa Del Soul, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
This is the first time any of my guests ever had a problem anywhere in NIcaragua.Playa Hermosa is safe if you stay where everybody is.They went down all the way to the end of the beach (it is 2K beach) by themselves,which is recommended not to do. Also there are lockers to lock up any valuables (which you should not bring to any beach) and they didn't use the lockers.This was an isolated incident in the safest country in Central & South America..
Granada, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Spectacular! We went for two nights, stayed for three, but wanted to spend a month! Casa Del Soul has an absolutely killer view of the serene Nacascolo Bay - a rock collector's dream! The pool sparkles and refreshes after an afternoon at the beach and you can almost reach out and touch the family of howler monkeys that swing through the nearby trees. There is a spotless kitchen where you can cook for yourself or hire a local cook who will not disappoint you with her delicious dishes.

After living in Nicaragua for three years I can say that it's rare to sleep as soundly as we did at Casa Del Soul.

What makes Casa Del Soul truely unique is Randy, the owner. He is kind, generous, helpful, and always with a positive attitude. He has us hooked. We'll be back soon!!

Room Tip: Room #2 is the bomb!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Del Soul? Share your experiences!