“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Marsella Beach, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua   |
Vancouver
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed for 3 days over new years 2013 at Pacific Bay Hotel and were welcomed by the Gabbys. Both were warm and helpful and made our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We ended up extending our stay for an addition 3 days since the location was pristine and we able to walk to Playa Madaras within 15mins. There are lots of activities to enjoy within the area like horseback riding, surfing, yoga and just getting some nice R&R by the Pacific Bay Pool that overlooks the beach.Overall, I would highly recommend this Hotel as the food was excellent, the were staff are amazing ( and include free Spanish lessons at the bar, lol) , and the hotels itself is beautiful. We are already planning out our next visit to Nica and will certainly be going back to Pacific bay Hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gabys_PBH, Owner at Casa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
It was a true pleasure to have you girls here. We appreciate your review on the hotel and expect to see you back some other time. It was of our best interest you had a great time while here and are glad you did! You made new friends and left with lots of memories, good ones we hope.
Until next time,
The Gabys

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I came to spend a couple of days in San Juan Del Sur after two weeks of work in Managua. I was calling around at the last minute to find a place to stay. I visited the website for PBH and spoke with Gabriela on the phone. She was super helpful and answered all my questions, including making sure that the food and room would work for my allergies, as well as making sure I had directions for my driver. When I arrived that evening, there was a really great group of people gathered for dinner. A diverse group of travelers from all over, with fun and interesting dinner conversation. The food was absolutely excellent. When you have a hotel run by two chefs, you're bound to have something special. The location is really excellent too — near a quiet beach, far enough outside of town to have some peace, but close enough to easily make trips into the town. I made a couple trips into the town of SJDC with Gabriel and Gabriela. They helped me with recommendations for good places to go in the town. My room was comfortable, and I slept great, it really is a peaceful and quiet location. All in all, I had a great time. I only wished I could have stayed a few more days, but I had to return to the states for the holidays. I'm returning to Nicaragua next month for work and I'm planning to take some time after my project is finished to stay at PBH again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PBH_Gabys, Manager at Casa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write down such a detailed review. Glad you enjoyed that crowded night, even though it delayed your check-in. Hopefully you can come back and without rushing through dinner service, we can have a nice conversation. We enjoyed having you here.
Veracruz, Masaya, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed at Pacific Bay Hotel with our family (six total, with two small children) and we loved it! Everything was beyond our expectations and we were able to spend a wonderful few days relaxing and enjoying the area. The hotel is a short walk to the beach, even our boys (3 and 6) were able to walk it without any problem. There is also a great pool, as well as a billiard table with hammocks overlooking the Marsella Beach. With so much to do at the hotel and within walking distance, we didn't need to leave the grounds and were able to truly relax and enjoy our time off. The staff even went as far as telling us when they were going into town and asking if we needed anything picked up...truly, they went above and beyond.

The restaurant was excellent, as was the service provided by the staff. I highly recommend the banana pancakes for breakfast, they were melt in your mouth good.

I really can't say enough good things about Pacific Bay Hotel, so I will just promise that we'll be back the next time we need a couple of days away!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We were happy to have you stay with us. We are glad your family had a great time, specially the little ones.
Your review is much appreciated as will help us keep up the good work. We thank you for your comments and hope to see you again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just finished up four days at Pacific Bay and did not want to leave. Don't know if I should start with the breathtaking views, adorable rooms, delicious food or superb service. Upon arriving on the property I felt at home. The staff has worked their butts off to put together a classy and cozy establishment with a ton of character. You can see this in every detail. The room was clean and comfortable. The food was varied and fresh. The staff answered every question I had with a smile. They clearly love this place and know the area well so are happy to help you have a good, safe time. As a solo female traveler in my late 20's I can confidently recommend this place to backpackers/adventurers. With the awesome surfing nearby, easily accessible beach and chill area, its a jackpot. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Look through the variety of room options to fit your budget and comfort needs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Gabys_PBH, Owner at Casa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We surely appreciate your intake on our place. Travelling solo we felt the need to make sure you were surrounded by great times and friends.
We hope to see you again soon. Loved your travel stories!
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just spent a couple of days at the Pacific Bay Hotel with my family. We had a great time! The two rooms were both very clean with a tv and air conditioning. Just outside our hotel rooms was one of the best views around of the Marsella bay. The beach is also just a short walk from the hotel. The menu in the restaurant has options for everyone. You can get a local gallo pinto breakfast or an american pancake breakfast. I didn't go surfing this time but one of the most popular surf beaches is a short drive. We would definitely recommend Pacific Bay Hotel to others looking for a hotel/resort near San Juan del Sur,

Room Tip: One with a view of the bay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gabys_PBH, Owner at Casa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
The hotel just opened a month ago, so every comment or suggestion is fundamental to our success and therefore we appreciate your feedback. I am sure other travellers will appreciate it too.

We enjoyed having you here, so we look forward to the next visit!

Surf next time?

Been to Casa Bahia Hotel? Share your experiences!