I love Villas de Palermo. The villa I stayed in (#49) was a 2bd 2ba. The A/C kept things nice and cool inside. It was around 95F during the day when I was there in March 2013. The real star is the view from the patio. I had two rocking chairs and a table on the patio where a spent a lot of time. There's WiFi in the villas which was very fast and reliable. Housekeeping came everyday and did a very nice job making up the place. Maria, in reception, was very cool and was always ready to help out with problems(I didn't have any though).
I didn't eat at the restaurant. There are so many places to eat in town that I didn't have a chance. From I saw, the food looked good.
The pool is a great place to cool off after a day of doing whatever in SJDS. It was well kept and clean.
It was very windy while I was there. The trees and bushes made some noises at night and may have tapped the windows from time to time. There are critters outside at night that sometimes make noises too. Once I figured out what the noises were, I slept like a baby every night. If you need absolute silence for sleep, you might want some earplugs. It didn't bother me at all.
This is a great place to stay if you're going to SJDS. It's about a mile out of town. I never took the resort shuttle. I like to come and go on my schedule, so I rented my own car. There's plenty of parking on site. BTW: if you're going anywhere out of town(like to beaches), it's better to have 4X4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palermo Hotel and Resort is located in San Juan del Sur, a city that bridges Costa Rica and Nicaragua on the Pacific Ocean. The hotel features 50 villas, flexible in-room work spaces, full-kitchens and room service, wireless broadband connectivity throughout the property, as well as both large and small, air-conditioned conference and meeting spaces. Terraza de Palermo Restaurant and Bar offer a dramatic dining experience overlooking the tropical pool and sunsets into the Pacific Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas De Palermo Hotel And Resort
- Villas De Palermo Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Villas De Palermo Hotel & Resort Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur