I went with a small group and we rented out a cabin- it wasn't on the beach, but you are never too far from it! It was nice to have 2 bathrooms in our cabin (3 bedroom) and each room had air-conditioning (the main room had 2 large fans) and safes to lock up personal belongings. Wifi is available and handy in the cabin. The rooms are cleaned daily but do tend to get a bit dirty- that's the life of bringing in lots of sand! Sometimes the kitchen wasn't cleaned because we used it minimally.
Breakfast at the beachfront hotel restaurant was included and offered good variety (the best is honestly the Creole breakfast- eat Nicaraguan fare!). Your order can take a long time to prepare but if you pre-order the night before for a set time they are good about being on time.
It worked well for our group and we spent more of the days out exploring and visiting the sea/beaches so we didn't really use the pool. The office staff were not always found at the desk during the state hours, but when they were they were mostly helpful and friendly.
The area is known for nesting sea turtles and surfing- watch out for stingrays, they are common and we saw many (no incidents) and the hotel is clear about warning guests about it.
I think if you are a relaxed traveler you will be happy here- it is a good place overall and I could recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 18 kilometers south of San Juan del Sur is situated Parque Marítimo el Coco, a resort specially conceived to allow our visitors to relax in a peaceful environment, in direct contact with nature. The resort - of category III - offers lodging in houses of different design). A characteristic of this resort consists in its location in plain nature, where since 1994 have ben constructed houses under the roof oft trees. The resort’s administration wants to conserve these natural surroundings, which offer the suited hiding places for many wild animals like squirrels, skunks, iguanas, garrobos, etc. During October and November herds of hauler monkeys visit the resort, attracted by the fruits of jobos. You can watch birds like urracas, colibris, woodpeckers, small parrots and many others because we respect nature’s biological rhythmus. The growing of the trees during the rainy season is part of this rhythmus, the falling of there dry leafs and branches is part of the rhythmus, too. These branches y leafs are not garbage, but important natural dung. Furthermore they help to keep humid the soil retaining the water, the main source of life, in the ground. We invite our guests to immerse into nature witch surrounds the hotel, to enjoy healthy vacations in harmony with the environment. The extended grounds, that surround each house, are another characteristic of this resort. They guarantee privacy y extensive playground so that parents can supervise children easily. It is the perfect spot for couples or whole families, because our beach allows a safe and enjoying swim. We offer different lodging options, from small bungalows to large houses: - Apartments located directly on the coast, which invite you to take an early morning swim or to jog on the 1 km long, sandy beach - Bungalows on a gently hill at about 200 m from the seashore with a terrace in the middle of treetops, a place perfectly suited to watch birds - Houses on top of hills with outstanding sea view, about 100 to 200 m from the shore. All lodgings are equipped with fully furnished kitchens. In the Mini Super, at the entrance of the resort, you will find all you need to prepare a good meal. To allow the kook to enjoy vacations too, you can visit the nearby restaurant “Puesta del Sol”, right on the shore. While parents savor a sundowner looking in astonishment at the spectacular sunset, less contemplative youngsters might enjoy plying beach ball, frisbee, volleyball, table soccer, billiard or dive into the pool. Excursions: We recommend visiting by horse or bicycle the nearby villages. On the way you might encounter hordes of howler monkeys, and other sylvatic animals. Very friendly and poor agricultural workers will be happy to invite you to participate on their cultural activities like worships. At night you can visit “Playa la Flor”, a sanctuary for endangered marine turtles. On nesting periods of the marine turtle “Paslama” (Lepidochelys oliveacea) you can observe up to 20,000 turtles on a period of four days. During the day you can take a boat tour nearby, where marine turtles can be seen mating. With a bit of luck you can see dolphins or even whales on some periods of the year. Another tour you can take is to “Bolanos” island on the boundaries of Costa Rica and Nicaragua, a sanctuary for frigate birds (Fregata magnificens) and other marine birds like pelicans. You can climb to the nesting sites and observe the brooding of different kinds of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HostelWorld and Tingo so you can book your Parque Maritimo el Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parque Maritimo El Coco Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Parque Maritimo El Coco Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur