We were a bit disappointed with our stay at Pelican Eyes. We searched online for a place to stay and made our reservations by phone. Our rate was higher than what the Internet had stated, the WiFI was only available in the restaurants, the A/C did not work in one bedroom, the Cable stopped woking after day 1, and the hot water was luke warm at best. The receptionist apologized for the "misunderstanding" regarding WiFi, saying it was not for the rooms , but there was a router in our room. Said the cable was out due to a storm, although it worked in the restaurants, and our A/C was never fixed. The couch was the worst I have ever sat in.
I would say that the staff was extremely pleasant, views and pools were great , and security was top-notch. We chose this hotel for the security.
The food prcies were high, dinner for 2 adults and 3 children ran us $140. I would suggest ordering pizza or eating out in town. The shuttle service was very prompt. We had no need for a car.
One of the things that our children loved but that my husband and myself did not, was the monkey rehab center. The hotel had 6-8 monkeys on chains on the premises. One right outside our room. There were also over 50 cats, some dogs, roosters, pelicans, turtles, pizotes, and a javelina. All of these were said to have been rescued. One cat got in our room and wen we tried to get it out, it hissed and scratched at us. Most were very friendly though and my daughter had names for everyone.
I probably will not stay at this hotel again, mainly because of the price of the rooms, well over $200 nightly, and the animals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort And Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur